02-19-2014 07:00 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!
I udnerstand you would like to upgrade this computer to Windows 8.1. Unfortunately, I cannot advise this since there are no Windows 8.1 drivers for this computer. This is proven on this website: HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC Drivers
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day!
02-20-2014 07:30 AM
I totally understand that i cannot upgrade my notebook to windows 8.1.But i would like to draw the attension of HP towards the fact that my laptop has a totally capable hardware and such a limitation on the software side due to lack of drivers from HP is not to be tolerated. Also other manufacturers have started giving support for upgrading to the latest verion of windows,so then why can't HP provide the same????? plz reply....
04-03-2014 12:59 AM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)