Hp envy beats edition Touchpad not working (9971 Views)
Student
gargaru
Message 1 of 10 (9,971 Views)

Hp envy beats edition Touchpad not working

I Got the black screen of dead a couple of days ago, then my pc manage to repair it by itself but it replaced my 1st mouse (touchpad) by the second one I had Installed.

I Tried everything, to get the touchpad back, recovery (which doesn't work since i cant unplug the second mouse if i wanna click next), Downloading the software, and reinstalling again,etc.

help, I have it since 2 months now. It's nearly brand new.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 10 (9,948 Views)

Re: Hp envy beats edition Touchpad not working

Hi,

Try the following to see if there is any improvement.  Shut down the notebook.  Unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery and then hold the power button down for a full minute.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ) and start the notebook.

If the above doesn't help the issue, your best bet is to contact HP and arrange to have the notebook repaired under warranty.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
Chenz
Message 3 of 10 (8,106 Views)

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same problem with my envy15 (win8), the application of your solution helps for a few moments after restart and then the problem occuers again. - the touchpad gestures don't work.

I would appreciate your help.

* tried to reinstall drivers, and  the solution you previously mentioned.

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 4 of 10 (8,077 Views)

Hello Chenz.  I understand you're having issues getting your touchpad gestures to work.  Is this correct?

Would you mind providing your product number so I can make sure there weren't any recent software or driver updates?  This document can show you where this number is located.

Have a great day! :smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Honor Student
Gaurav1234
Message 5 of 10 (7,978 Views)

Touchpad Gestures not working

Dear I am also having problems with my touchpad gestures work. 

My product number is B4P25PA#ACJ. Please tell me the solution

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 6 of 10 (7,955 Views)

Re: Touchpad Gestures not working

Gaurav1234 wrote:

Dear I am also having problems with my touchpad gestures work. 

My product number is B4P25PA#ACJ. Please tell me the solution

Hello Gaurav1234.

Have your gestures ever worked?

I looked up your notebook to locate some software for you but noticed that this notebook supports both Windows 7 and Windows 8.  Which are you using on your notebook?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

I work for HP.
Honor Student
Gaurav1234
Message 7 of 10 (7,936 Views)

Dear AttackofZack,

Earlier I was using windows 7. I upgraded (throught clean installation) it to windows 8, thats when the problem started.

Luckily, the touchpad gestures had started working. I removed my USB mouse and then uninstalled all pointing devices from device manager. And then I reinstalled the driver without any other mouse connected to the laptop.

It did the job. Gestures work fine now.  Thanks for responding to my query. :smileyhappy:

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 8 of 10 (7,927 Views)

Gaurav1234 wrote:

Dear AttackofZack,

Earlier I was using windows 7. I upgraded (throught clean installation) it to windows 8, thats when the problem started.

Luckily, the touchpad gestures had started working. I removed my USB mouse and then uninstalled all pointing devices from device manager. And then I reinstalled the driver without any other mouse connected to the laptop.

It did the job. Gestures work fine now.  Thanks for responding to my query. :smileyhappy:

Hello again Gaurav1234.  

I am very happy to hear that your issue has been resolved!  

I have a little more information for you which may be helpful.  I checked your notebook's Software and Drivers page and Windows 8 is supported.  

You said that you performed a clean install of Windows 8.  This means that you would be missing the normal HP software such as HP Support Assistant.  This application searches for drivers/software/updates for your specific notebook and helps keep the notebook maintained and updated.  

Here is a link to HP Support Assistant.  

If you ever have more questions feel free to ask.  Have a great week!

I work for HP.
Honor Student
urfalump
Message 9 of 10 (3,954 Views)

i'm having all the same issues with the touch pad not working!  I have an HP envy 4 1015dx.  i've got a yellow exclaimation point on the device in the device manager and the error code says "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)"  i have uninstalled driver and restarted and then tried to update driver but it says i have the latest driver installed... i tried to go directly to HP's website but it seems the only OS supported is windows 8... and i have windows 7.  I'm afraid to try your remove battery and hold power, as i dont want to restart to factory and lose all the data on the machine!  can you confirm this will not do that before i try that option? help!

Student
Nahshon_Rex
Message 10 of 10 (314 Views)

I have been using a usb mouse since the track pad has been not working. exactly what steps should i take to get it to be working Again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation