Re: Hp g6 bios problem (37 Views)
Student
HenriquePerez
Message 1 of 2 (66 Views)

Hp g6 bios problem

Hi

I am using an hp pavillion g6-2105sp.

So about a year ago, i tried to update my laptop's bios and while it was upddating the cooling fans started being really loud,everything froze, and i felt like my laptop was really hot too. Then it randomly turned off and when i turned it on again it looked normal. Some months ago a message popped up whenever i turned my computer on that said that my cooling fan was not working properly. I went to this forum and somone said that updating the bios could fix it so i attemped to do it again. The same thing happened,the fans started doing a really loud noise,everything was really slow and it started to overheat.But after that, everytime i turned my computer on, it was still like this. I decided to end it all and just send my computer for repair.That cooling problem fan dissapeared, but my computer was slower than it was before that problem.Now takes almost 7 mins to boot up( it used to take about 2 or less) and the programs seem to freeze way more often.Now another bios update is availiable and i don't know if i should update it or not.Can somone tell me the causes of all of this and if i should risk updating it?

Thanks in advance

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 2 (37 Views)

Re: Hp g6 bios problem

Hello HenriquePerez, welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you've had issues updating the BIOS in the past and are wondering if you should attempt it again. I will try to guide you on this.

Reading over your post, I can see why you're weary to try another BIOS update. As the heating issue has been corrected from sending the notebook in, there's are other things you could try first to improve performance.

Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 7) - this document has several suggestions that could speed up the notebook.

I would suggest starting with that before getting into BIOS updates. Let me know how it goes. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation