Question

Honor Student
ande6870
Message 1 of 4 (1,336 Views)

I can't download/install/uninstall....

Okay I just bought a new HP Laptop from Wal-mart and it won't let me download anything...i have tried downloading numerous things such as Firefox and it will only go to 99% and the download will stop, i was successful with 2 downloads but it would not let me install...it said "File Corrupt"....also I tried uninstalling a couple things and it won't let me uninstall anything....what the heck is going on?? I have had nothing but trouble with this HP...

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 4 (1,330 Views)

Re: I can't download/install/uninstall....

Download problem is related to internet connection, test it here

About installation, if the file is corrupted no way you can install it, probably due to bad internet connection.

But I' not sure about uninstall issue, could you elaborate more? Which software are you trying to uninstall?

BTW which model are you using?

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Honor Student
ande6870
Message 3 of 4 (1,315 Views)

there is no way its my connection, i have super fast internet, download speed is 12 mbps, and upload speed is 3 mbps....when it downloads it downloads super fast, it just always stops at 99%....i tried my other laptop and it downloads just fine, so it has to be something with this computer...

Teacher
ksnr2006
Message 4 of 4 (1,297 Views)

Some times this issue could be due to Add-Ons which are installed in Internet Explorer. Try to download the files using Internet Explorer(No- Addons):

Click on the Start button and type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box.

You will find "Internet Explorer(No Add-ons) entry in the program results list.

Click on it. You will get the Internet Explorer window without add-ons.

Try to download the files using this browser window and save the files to desktop.

Check for the issue. If it works then you need to reset the IE.

How to reset the IE:

Close all the Internet Explorer windows in your notebook.

Click on the Start button >> Control Panel.

Select Classic view(If it is windows 7, go to top right corner of the control panel and select Small Icons from category drop down).

Click on the Internet Options icon in Contrl Panel window.

Click on the Advanced tab.

Click on the Reset and select the "Delete personal settings..." check box and click on Ok.

Then check for the issue.

**Please Click on “Kudos” STAR in my post to say thanks!**

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation