Question

Honor Student
Key_West_Kev
Message 1 of 18 (1,346 Views)

I can't enable windows on simple pass

I have a new HP dv7 and simple pass is working for my wife and for website access for me.   I cannot get the Windows Logon to work for my user setting.   I unchecked "Enable Windows Logon", and then tried to check it again, however it is now locked me out to select that option.  

When I try to set up windows log on, it asks me to enter my Windows Password.  When I do, it states that is an incorrect password, however it is same password I use to manually sign on.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 18 (1,337 Views)

Re: I can't enable windows on simple pass

Hi,

Take a read of member Daniel_Potyrala's HP SimplePass guide. It should help.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Key_West_Kev
Message 3 of 18 (1,310 Views)

I appreciate the suggestion, but that did not work either, and now neither me nor my wife can use HP Simple Pass to logon to Windows. Webiste access still works for both of us, but not the windows logon.
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 18 (1,288 Views)

I can't enable windows on simple pass

Could you please give me the exact model number of your notebook?

You can use the following document if you need assistance in finding it.

http://goo.gl/GDeRb
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
PrismRiver
Message 5 of 18 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]

[SOLUTION]

I've had that problem and solved it.

You see that LOCK sign next to the settings?
It's called Set Up Windows Log On, press it.

Type your password.

Then check your settings (gear symbol), you should find that Windows Logon is now checked again.

^ Repeat everytime 'Windows Logon' is unchecked. ^_^

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
"Don't worry, I don't need your product number to solve your problem :smileywink:"
".... and I don't need your Kudos by the way. "
Tutor
EEAmigo
Message 6 of 18 (1,132 Views)

Went to settings and it will not allow me to check the "Enable Windows Logon" button

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 7 of 18 (1,116 Views)

EEAmigo,

Are you using an Admin account? If not, it is possible that is the reason why it won't let you check that button. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Timothy1972b
Message 8 of 18 (821 Views)

I having the same problem on my HP Envy m6-1125dx laptop using Windows 8.1. I can't set up windows log in but the website access I am able to do just fine.

Tutor
EEAmigo
Message 9 of 18 (815 Views)

That is my exact problem. I have uninstalled it and installed the new updated Simple Pass to no avail. Nothing has worked and the problem is still unresolved. Even the Geek Squad can't fix it.

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 10 of 18 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello EEAmigo. I understand you are experiencing issues using SimplePass, on Windows 8.1. In order for this to work properly, all your Windows updates will have to be completed. I would try installing the latest version of SimplePas afterward, and see what your results are. You can find the latest version here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63474.exe

Once that is complete, it should work. However, if not, there is another potential solution. You could consider enabling Biometrics Logon Feature, that is presented in Windows 8.1. Here is some information on how to perform this task: http://blog.vtechsquad.com/2013/08/14/how-to-enable-biometrics-logon-feature-in-windows-8-1/

Please respond as soon as possible with your results. I will continue to research the issue in the meantime.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation