Question
I can't enable windows on simple pass
Replies (17)

Tutor
EEAmigo
Message 11 of 18 (265 Views)

Re: I can't enable windows on simple pass

This didn't help. A new version of Simple Pass was downloaded with  a new look. None of the features work. It won't load any of my web sites and will not log into windows.

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 12 of 18 (255 Views)

When SimplePass is loaded, try accessing a website like Facebook, which requires you to login. Afterward, it should create a Webcard. Once it is created, please launch the Webcard and see what happens.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
EEAmigo
Message 13 of 18 (253 Views)

The problem was not with Simple Pass remembering web site passwords, it was using Simple Pass to log onto windows.

Simple Pass will not work with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 then loaded the Simple Pass version that you sent me, SP63474. This version did not perform at all in Windows 8.1, so I uninstalled SP 63474 and reinstalled an earlier version, SP 61399 and it worked. I can log onto Windows with my Simple Pass finger tip swipe. It remembers most of the web sites that I log on to, but I can live with that.

Intern
Rizzo7883
Message 14 of 18 (162 Views)

Looks like I am having same problem..

I cant set up the simplepass to log onto windows, but it works fine for web sites.

when I do open the simplepass program and try to register my fingerprint to log onto windows it asks for my password, so I type in the password I use and simplepass says: passwords dont match. Hw can that be when the password I enter is the exact one I enter to log onto pc agter power up? I am also doing this as or with admistrator privlidges.

Please help I realy like useing fingerprint reader to log on.

Thanks andy

Intern
Rizzo7883
Message 15 of 18 (161 Views)

By the way I have:

HP Touchsmart 17-j043cl

windows 8

intel i7

12 gig ram

250gig sshd

1tb hd

BD-writer drive

Thanks andy

Tutor
EEAmigo
Message 16 of 18 (158 Views)

Uninstall Simple Pass

Update to Windows 8.1 (free)

Install HP Simple Pass, version 6.0

Mine is working like it is supposd to.

Tutor
EEAmigo
Message 17 of 18 (157 Views)

I had the exact same problem.

My problem was solved by uninstalling P Simple Pass

Upgrading to Windows 8.1

Installing HP Simple Pass version 6.0

It works like a charm now.

Intern
Rizzo7883
Message 18 of 18 (154 Views)

I appreciate the suggestion but I did upgrade to 8.1 and my widi stopped working. And the widi for projecting the pc screen to A second display on the same network is very important to me, so I reset my laptop back to factory settings (8.0) and my wide is again working perfect but after doing this the finger print reader to log onto Windows stopped working. It works for Web links but when I try to set up the log in Windows with HP simpletouch software it says the password I entered does not match but the password is what I use to log in after power up. So I am lost and frustrated.
Thanks for your tip though.
Andy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation