I cannot put my computer in sleep mode (984 Views)
Honor Student
Nemesis_123
Message 1 of 4 (984 Views)

I cannot put my computer in sleep mode

I have Pavilion dv7-1165eb and since few days my computer has stopped to go in sleep mode. I checked power options and I do not have sleep function it has disappeared even more my sleep button in the start has disappeared too. I went futher and in cmd I check command powercfg -h on but it shows that " There are one or more legacy drivers installed: ARCVNET but I cannot find what does it means. Please for any help.

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 4 (970 Views)

Re: I cannot put my computer in sleep mode

Please perform the following steps to resolve the problem:

• Find the Command Prompt program from the Start Menu by going to All Programs then to Accessories
  • Right click it and Run as Administrator. Enter any password required to run Command Prompt in administrator mode.
  • Type in powercfg -h on and press Enter.
  • I am an HP employee.

Regards,
    Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
    Honor Student
    Nemesis_123
    Message 3 of 4 (965 Views)

I did it as I wrote it in my post. It does not work it show above massage. I cannot find which drivers is that block sleep mode.

Provost
    Daniel_Potyrala
    Message 4 of 4 (934 Views)

Hi,

Have You tried reinstalling ethernet and wireless drivers?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation