Question
I have 4GB of installed physical memory but only 1.74 in total physical memory
Replies (27)

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 21 of 28 (1,027 Views)

Re: I have 4GB of installed physical memory but only 1.74 in total physical memory

Cool, if you can refer me to that dell document that states is engineering problem, I can see what i can do...the thing to note is the memory allocation is dyanmic, plus I have couple of envy with this, and have not had any performance issue on them...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 22 of 28 (1,023 Views)

Re: I have 4GB of installed physical memory but only 1.74 in total physical memory

Cool, Dell is like HP, they do not release engineering documents.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 23 of 28 (1,020 Views)

Small pointer, if you look at those link I have posted, in 2 of them, are self-assembled desktop having that issue...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Tutor
dane8373
Message 24 of 28 (1,004 Views)

I don't understand how it can be a windows 7 video card management problem if not all other windows 7 computers with the same graphics card as my computer have the same issues as mine.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 25 of 28 (997 Views)

dane8373 wrote:

I don't understand how it can be a windows 7 video card management problem if not all other windows 7 computers with the same graphics card as my computer have the same issues as mine.

Exactly, it is an engineering issue HP does not want to deal with at this point, nothing to do with the OS.

Tutor
dane8373
Message 26 of 28 (986 Views)

Well after 6 hours of failed over the phone trouble shooting HP is going to take it in under warranty. Hopefully they can fix this.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 27 of 28 (908 Views)

@dane8373

Hi,

Have you got any new informations?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Tutor
dane8373
Message 28 of 28 (805 Views)

For those who may be suffering from a similar problem, I thought I should let you know that HP fixed my problem. I sent in my computer and they fixed it. Here is what my resource monitor now says

Resource monitor.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation