Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have blank screen, only mouse pointer working after

windows 8.1 upgrade on HP Pavillion 15-e005sv.

Any help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have not tried the graphics driver updates yet as my client needs to use the laptop. I will get to try it over the weekend. Thanks for all your help

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Same problem for me on virtually the same machine, can get the machine to reboot in safe mode (hold F4 when starting) but get black screen after Windows 8.1 update. The issue seems to be related to the graphics driver.

I'll let you know if  I find a solution

HP Recommended

Thanks, hope you find out what the problem is. In the meantime I was forced to 

do a system recovery after I got into safe mode so that I can save email & docs.

Now running windows 8.0 for the time being.

HP Recommended

This could be a solution, I'm just downloading the intel graphics driver now... I'll let you know how I get on

http://www.satinderspace.com/2013/10/steps-to-remove-windows-81-blank-screen.html

HP Recommended

Hello roebster,

Did the link in your last post resolve the issue?

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
I just Update drivers on my HP Pavilion by following these steps & it is working.... Thanks for support
HP Recommended

I have not tried the graphics driver updates yet as my client needs to use the laptop. I will get to try it over the weekend. Thanks for all your help

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having the same problem except I can't seem to boot into safe mode or anything. I tried hitting f8 and f4 while restarting and those didn't work.  I'm not very computer savvy. Is there a trick to entering safe mode?

This is very frustrating as this is a brand new laptop I just bought a few days ago. I've read that the issue has something to do with the graphics card. Mine is a AMD Radeon HD 8670M. If anybody can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

HP Recommended

First of all you need to get into safemode

for that press f8 or del key while starting the computer

then you will get many options there you must go to safemode

Secondly ,after getting to safemode go to 1.control panel ->2.Device Manager->3.Disable AMD HD Graphics

Thats all

then restart your computer to get into normal mode

May be if you upgrade your amd hd driver your black screen problem will be gone

HP Recommended

Its know Windows 8 & Windows 8.1 issues & its related to Display Adapter & Monitor Driver issue. You have to boot your PC into the Safe mode to disable Display Adapter & Monitor Drivers. 

I have followed below guide to resolve my issue.

http://www.vmwareandme.com/2013/10/step-by-step-how-to-solve-windows-81.html

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.