11-08-2013 02:02 PM
Hi H2727. Here is the start up troubleshooting document for the 15-e005sv. Go through the steps and let me know how it goes.
Computer Does not Start (Windows 8):
11-11-2013 03:21 AM
To resolve this issue, you will need to boot into Safe Mode, and update the video card driver. Please follow below steps,
1. Boot the PC while holding the Shift key
2. Once the Recovery screen is displayed, click or tap on the See advanced repair options button.
3. Next, click or tap on the Troubleshoot button.
4. In the troubleshoot menu, click or tap on Advanced options,
5. Then select Windows Startup Settings.
6. You will need be prompt to restart the PC. You will see a boot option screen where you can select Safe Mode with Networking.
7. While in Safe Mode with Networking, you need to download and install the latest video card drivers. You can go to HP website and search for latest video drivers for your unit by entering the product number.
Please click the white Kudos star on the left to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your issue makes it easier for other people to find solutions
I work on behalf of HP
12-25-2013 09:02 PM
For my HP Envy dv7 it was the Intel HD 4000 driver it updated during install. You have to go into safe mode and disable the intel hd video adapter and update once back into windows
Problem driver version for me was 3379. Installed 3345 and works fine in 8.1
Note. I also have switchable graphics - 650m which i also updated
Additional note to get to safe mode on hp laptop (which worked for me) :
1) Shift + F8 until boot screen appeared
2) F11 recovery
3) ESC to windows recovery
* If you do not get to advanced options after this, i had to restart and while windows loaded, powered off so when i went through process again it tried automatic repair which then seemed to go to step 4
4) Advanced Options -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings -> restart
5) after restart and you get boot menu, just press enter to continue which will load safe mode
01-21-2014 01:26 PM
I upgraded to 8.1 about 2 months ago. The upgrade took almost 22 hours which was frustrating as I thought my HP envy laptop had crashed. Once it rebooted it seemed to work ok with the exception of the wifi which kept going out all the time. Today 1/21/2014 after I logged on it went the the black screen. Scary.... I used the ctrl alt del funtion to get into Task manager. At that point the fingerprint lauch site activated and I was able to get onto the internet through one of my e-mail addresses. I read all these postings and got to my c drive and from there got to the device manager. All I did was update my device drivers, went out to do an errand and when I returned the laptop was restored. I hope this posting is helpful to anyone out there who may be experiencing this issue. Thanks so much for the help on this forum.
06-21-2014 01:51 AM
I don't understand what the problem is when there's a ? or ! on top of my hp support icon... Then I don't know what I'm supposed to do... Do I have a problem of not.... I would appreciated if you can give me clearer instuction. i.e. like the problem, no a list of things that could have a problem.
Sincerely, Susan Swindle
07-02-2014 12:23 AM
when I tried to log into my account using my username and password, it just got stuck on an empty black screen for hours along with the instruction “Setting up personalized settings for web platform customizations“.