Question

mk8 Honor Student
Honor Student
mk8
Message 1 of 6 (6,526 Views)

I'm locked out of my HP Pavillian Laptop

I have a HP Pavillian Notebook.  When I first got it I gave a password to get in. I live alone now and had no reason to use a password. So I went in and checked to remove the password entrance. The next day I turned on my laptop and it went to the sign-in page as usual so I entered my password and it said that was the wrong password. I had the same password for 3 years and used it daily so I knew something was wrong. I have been locked out of my laptop for 3 days. Can anyone help me? Is there a backdoor password I can use to get in to my laptop? Thank you for helping me. 

Tutor
Rollabulldog
Message 2 of 6 (6,507 Views)

Re: I'm locked out of my HP Pavilion Laptop

what you can do with windows vista if you have that operating system is run a restore backto before you changed your password and it should be that old password. to do that you can shut it down and when you turn it on tap F11 and boot into the recovery manager. once booted into the recovery manager hit advanced options and choose the microsoft system restore option and hit next. the hit next again and then it will boot into the system restore screen and choose a date. if that does not work you would need to run a recovery on the notebook to take it back to factory settings or possibly a 3rd party can remove it with a program.

DV3t-2000, Intel core 2 Duo P7350, 4 GB ram, 500 GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce G 105M, Windows 7 Ultimate
Student
brazilforchrist
Message 3 of 6 (4,633 Views)

Re: I'm locked out of my HP Pavillian Laptop

havn't used my Pavillion for awhiile and apparently forgot the password.   Always used the same one and don't recall reason to change it, but cannot sign in.  i have 2009 windows 7 home

Honor Student
shailafreeman
Message 4 of 6 (4,627 Views)

i had a problem recnrly too with being locked out of simple pass and we found out that an update that was ran the previous day saturday got interrupted and so allof them had to be unistalled remotely and then they had to tellme how to hide the installs so it wouldnt happen again. you might have to have the hp assistant and people help you like they did me?! hope that helps!

Student
stu59
Message 5 of 6 (2,646 Views)

I'm locked out of my notebook pc AMD PHENOM

Hi Cannot sign in

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 6 of 6 (2,625 Views)

Hi stu59. Where exactly is it asking you to sign in. Is it after the Windows logo, or as soon as the computer starts (BIOS)? What is the model number of your notebook? What version of Windows are you running?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation