Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Anytime, Niki.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Sorry that the W10 HPSA program didn't work for you.

HP Recommended

Hi, Niki:

Me again...

How about trying an older version of the HPSA, but one that is only about a year old...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68201.exe

It shows support for W10 32 bit.   Couldn't imagine why it wouldn't work on 64 bit.

7.7.34.34 Rev.A(22 Sep 2014)
Operating System(s):Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, wow you really have gone the distance for me, thank you.  I think that one might work but my system  would not complete the install.  I got an error message that said "windows service must be installed with "installutilexe" then started with Server Explorer, Windows Services Admin tool or the NET START Command".  I tried to download the installutil.exe but I do not know enough about that and could not find on my system what net.framework I have on my pc so was too leary to go ahead with that, I looked on my registry but could not find where the framework was found so I need to get some help with these things as I don't want to mess up anything on my system.  And I don't know what it means when it says that it has to be started with those programs or services?

I really must thank you, this is my first time on the boards and you have really gone out of your way to help me and I truly appreciate it !!!  Very Sincerly Niki

HP Recommended

Hi, Niki:

Nothing is ever easy, is it!

Unfortunately, I have no idea what all that stuff means either.

I was hoping it would just work.

When you look at the list of supported PC's that version is supposed to work with, I figured it would work for your model too.  While it does not list the g6 or g7 series as supported, it shows much older models supported by this software.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68201.cva

Now, I wonder if you actually need to activate the older net framework 3.5  version from within W10...

To install net framework 3.5 in W10, you do it from the control panel>programs and features>turn windows features on or off>check to add net framework 3.5 which also includes the older versions.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, IT WORKED !!!!!!!!  I fixed the 3.5 framework and went back to the previous download page you gave me and it worked like a charm.  I am beyond thrilled.  I did a happy dance.  I can not thank you enough for your perserverence and all the work you did to help me with this.  You should have Genius by your name, not just Expert !!  You have no idea just how happy I really am, I can not thank you enough. 

With great gratitude and sincerity, Niki

HP Recommended

That is great news, Niki.

I guess perseverance pays off.

When I saw that file with all the PC's that are supported by the HPSA, I knew that my theory of being old hardware was out the window.

HP should let folks know to enable Net Framework 3.5 in W10 and W8.1 before installing the HPSA.

That would save a lot of frustration and headaches for all concerned.

Once again you're very welcome, and I was glad to have been of assistance.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

How can i install older version of hp support assistant,do not like and understand new version please help !

HP Recommended
Don't do it, eventually it will mess up your system. I was so happy to have the old version back but it backfired on me. I do NOT like the new version but we are stuck with it, trust me, it is not worth putting the old version back. Niki
HP Recommended

I didn't like the new version and had suspicions that it was not working properly for Windows 10.  If you install an old version then you will get pestered with alerts to update to the latest version. Now I have uninstalled support assistant and just check for updates manually.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.