Question

Honor Student
BobJones
Message 1 of 5 (1,590 Views)

I would like to boot from the SD card

I have a HP Envy Sleekbook 6-1010US,  Windows 7 64bit,  BIOS -- Insyde F.04, 6/11/12

This BIOS version offers no option to boot from SD card.

Is HP going to offer a new BIOS level that is "compatible" with this laptop and offers SD BIOS boot option??

Thanks

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 5 (1,577 Views)

Re: I would like to boot from the SD card

This BIOS has a capability to boot from USB flash drive/Pen Drive/ Hard Disk. To the best of my knowledge, Boot from SD card would not be an option that might be available.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
BobJones
Message 3 of 5 (1,569 Views)

Thank You for your reply

The only options I see when I look at BIOS is

CD-ROM Boot

Floppy Boot

Internal Network Adapter Boot

Do you think there might be a BIOS update in the future that would include SD  or   USB Flash  ??

Thanks

Intern
w3mann
Message 4 of 5 (1,557 Views)

buddy attach your sd card to system,may be using card reader then reboot  ,,,go to bios it will show u the

ad card as flash drive,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!,,,,,,,,

////////Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching///////
Honor Student
BobJones
Message 5 of 5 (1,553 Views)

Oh if life were that easy.

I want to leave the SD card in the SD slot of the laptop.

I know different BIOS levels offer boot from SD but apparently HP didnt put that on the ENVY sleekbook 6-1010US

I would prefer HP offered a BIOS update that had this feature activated for my model.

I dont want to Flash BIOS from InsydeH20 website -- its not worth the trouble it MIGHT cause with the laptop.

Thanks for your reply but what you see is not what I see. However I am always open to sane options

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation