12-09-2011 07:00 AM
I have the above laptop that came with Win 7 factory installed. Had to purchase a new hard drive and want to install XP instead, but it won't let me. Loads the preliminary stuff and then brings up the blue screen of death when XP is ready to start. I can load Win 7 or Linux on it just fine, but prefer XP.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
12-09-2011 08:06 AM - edited 12-09-2011 08:06 AM
Please read the two links below:
The first one is the general XP downgrade guide. The instructions to downgrade your model series can be found under the section labeled Moderate Models.
This guide below will help you get XP initially installed.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)