10-02-2012 09:29 PM
I am trying to load the latest version of iTunes and keep getting an error about Windows Package Installer. The error message says a file need to run the install is missing. There is an older version of iTunes already installed so that file must have been there once before.
The computer is an HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC, Product Number: VM222UA#ABA with Windows 7 Home Premium.
There hasn't been any recent software changes that I know of.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)