Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion dv6000 with Vista.  Every time the HP Updates download the installation is cancelled.  This is pretty much out of the box settings, and I have added a few software programs.  Any help/advice on how to get the updates to install would be great.  Link to the screen if the attachment doesn't work.

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/ve800man/updateissues.jpg[/IMG]

Mitch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was having this same problem but was able to install the updates. I don't know what made the difference, but I did two things differently.

1) I turned off Windows Magnifier.

2) The cancelations always occured when the updates were started automatically. I ran the update manually and the updates were successfully installed this time.  (Start, All Programs, HP, HP Update)

I have Notification set to automatically check the web for updates.

I have it set to check for software updates every 1 week.

I have a Pavilion Model #: a6750t

Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

Hopes this helps

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Have you gotten any responses?

Doug

HP Recommended

I was having this same problem but was able to install the updates. I don't know what made the difference, but I did two things differently.

1) I turned off Windows Magnifier.

2) The cancelations always occured when the updates were started automatically. I ran the update manually and the updates were successfully installed this time.  (Start, All Programs, HP, HP Update)

I have Notification set to automatically check the web for updates.

I have it set to check for software updates every 1 week.

I have a Pavilion Model #: a6750t

Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

Hopes this helps

HP Recommended

See the following for a suggestion on how to fix this:

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/186057-update-installation-cancelled.html

HP Recommended

Thanks I will try the two previous posts ideas.

Mitch

HP Recommended

Thanks hlsjeff.  Never would have thought of that, but everything seems to downloading fine at this point.

Mitch

HP Recommended

Thanks! I hadn't thought of running HP Update as administrator. That fixed it!

Steve

HP Recommended
I ran HPUPDATE a couple days ago. There was an update that fixed this issue. It seems to be working fine now.
HP Recommended

Right click and Running Support Assistant or HP Updates 'AsAdministrator' solves the problem for me.  

As im logged on as administrator I dont know why it dosent automaticaly elevate my privlidges or at least open an 'Adminisrator Required to Run 'Yes/No' dialog, but there you go...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.