Question

Tutor
M-E_L
Message 1 of 8 (232 Views)

Installation disk

Could someone please tell me where I can get a windows vista installation disk other than going n paying $100s of dollars in the shop? The recovery disks do not solve the problem the hole op system has been wiped along with the recovery partition don't ask me how, and these lovely people at hp will not tell me where I can get a disk from unless I pay them n thats just not going to happiness any recommendations or info will be much appricated.
Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 2 of 8 (214 Views)

Re: Installation disk

Have you tried ordering recovery disks online from HP?  You only have to pay a nominal fee for shipping, assuming they are available.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
Tutor
M-E_L
Message 3 of 8 (211 Views)

Are they the same as the ones from Microsoft do u know? Because I purchased one from them and it didn't work
Tutor
M-E_L
Message 4 of 8 (208 Views)

Sorry my mistake windows not Microsoft
Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 5 of 8 (207 Views)

No, they are the OEM versions made specifially for your notebook model. Although, the retail versions from Microsoft SHOULD work with any system that meets the requirements, you might have better luck with the HP versions.

What is the model number of your notebook?

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
Tutor
M-E_L
Message 6 of 8 (190 Views)

It's a compaq presario CQ60 119TU
Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 7 of 8 (130 Views)

That model, unfortunately, is not available online.  You mentioned contacting HP before?  You might could contact them again to see they could ship you recovery media. 

If not, I've heard people on these forums mention Computer Surgeons is a great place to order HP/Compaq recovery media.  Although I've not used them personally, and I'm not sure if they ship outside the US. 

Another alternative would be to go to a search engine and typing the model number of your product followed by the words "Recovery Media"

Tutor
M-E_L
Message 8 of 8 (125 Views)

Microsoft could have told me that instead of making me waste my money on nothing any way thank u very much for ur help I'll try hp again and see how I go thanks again much appricate.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation