Question

Honor Student
SALAMABS
Message 1 of 4 (7,301 Views)

Installing Windows 7 on HP ENVY dv6-7295ex ?

Dear Sir,

I bought new HP notebook PC (HP ENVY dv6-7295ex) - Windows 8

The salesman told me it's possible to downgrade it to windows 7 (Cus most of my programs are not certified with windows 8-IE10) then I tried to downgrade it but I can't install windows 7 on it.

Is there any way to install windows 7 on this notebook.?

Please help me ASAP.

Thank you and best regards.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (7,293 Views)

Re: Installing Windows 7 on HP ENVY dv6-7295ex ?

Hi,

Hope the following article helps:

http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/04/how-to-downgrade-from-microsoft-windows-8-to-windows-7-guide/

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
SALAMABS
Message 3 of 4 (7,294 Views)

Re: Installing Windows 7 on HP ENVY dv6-7295ex ?

Dear,

I already folowed these steps to remove windows 8 and install windows 7, but I got error message during windows 7 installation (Windows 7 is not support some hardware....).

So I know the way to install windows 7, but I want to know if my notebook compatible with it(Installation&drivers)

Thank you,

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 4 (7,224 Views)

Installing Windows 7 on HP ENVY dv6-7295ex ?

Actually, if your notebook comes with Windows 8, it is NOT recommended to downgrade to Windows 7. Take a look at this article, which describes the reasons why.

I hope this helps,
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation