Installing Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion G6 (29620 Views)
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 51 of 216 (4,016 Views)

Re: Installing Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion G6

[ Edited ]

Hi, Adam:

Your notebook requires shopping around for W7 drivers.

Since yours has AMD hardware you need to first install the AMD chipset driver and reboot.

The first file is what you need.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

Then all of the drivers and software from this related model should also work on yours.

DO NOT USE ANY OF THE BIOS FILES

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5275...

The Atheros wireless card drivers are not listed on the above link so see if this one works.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Honor Student
Adam_at_ACW
Message 52 of 216 (4,008 Views)

Thank you so much Paul. Believe it or not, just using the install packs from the HP drivers page for my G6 got it up and running, just not sure yet how well. I will try the ones you listed and see if they work better... can always roll back if need be... They even had a BIOS flash and I was going to test it but it turned out it was already running the same Ver as the flash....must have needed it to run W8.

I'll report back with my findings, just in case anyone else with the exact same headache comes reading through, like I did :-)

Adam

BTW: Hey everyone we better bury Paul in kudos! I think he deserves them, don't you???

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 53 of 216 (4,006 Views)

You're very welcome, Adam.

Honor Student
Adam_at_ACW
Message 54 of 216 (3,978 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry gone for so long... been crazy here... your links worked great.. as good or better then the ones the driver supply page came up with... but some of them claimed to be corrupted and unable to unpack... from the HP site it self???!!! I just searched the file names and found them... "in the wild"... scanned each one as i got them.. all good... so y6jr job is done...thanks so much!.... but now... I have a second A6 chipped laptop here.. and side by side, they make a great double burner!!!  Can cook lunch while they sweep and defrag.... and at rest, it is not much better... are the A6s susposed to cook at over 100C???? I don't think so... they both run around 110C to 128C and only go under 100C when they are off... should I be worried? I think so...

Adam

ps sorry about all the edits, but I seem to be unable to proof read till after I post... craziest thing... ;-)

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 55 of 216 (3,968 Views)

You're very welcome, Adam.

Since I am not a hardware engineer, I don't have any idea what the operating thermal range of the processor should be.

Does sound kind of hot to me though.  Isn't that more than the boiling point of water?

You can probably go to the AMD website and check the specs on the various processors.

They should give a thermal spec.

Best Regards,

Paul

Student
RazzCRO
Message 56 of 216 (3,956 Views)

Hi, i need drivers for HP Pavilion G6 2252SR Windows 7
Cannot connect to internet. please give me full list of drivers for  G6 2252sr windows7
And if you could be so nice to post drivers in order of instalation.

PS. are those drivers the same for 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7?

Thanx, desperate :smileyembarrassed:

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 57 of 216 (3,938 Views)

Hi:

All of the W7 x64 drivers and software from this related model should also work on yours;

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE FILES

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5278...

The only drivers you need to be concerned with about installing in a particular order are these:

1. Intel Chipset Installation Utility.  Install first and reboot.

2. AMD Graphics driver. Install second and reboot. Do not install any other graphics driver. This driver includes both the Intel and AMD drivers for the switchable graphics in your notebook.

3. Audio. Install 3rd and reboot.

4. Wired network.  The wired network driver is the Realtek LAN driver

Then you can install whatever hardware drivers you want.

Now, as you can see from the above driver page, there can be one of several model wireless cards installed in your notebook, so I can't just tell you what one you need.

After you get W7 64 bit installed, go to the device manager and post the hardware ID's for the drivers remaining in the device manager with the little ! marks.

The one marked Network Controller will be the wireless card.

To find the hardware ID, please click on each of those items, and use the guide at the link below for help.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

It may be a couple of hours before I can get back to you with the drivers you need for those devices.

Honor Student
rcnrolla14
Message 58 of 216 (3,928 Views)

I have a HP Pavilion G6-2203et had on the windows 8. I told her I wanted to install windows 7 but erased disks were tested with the machine again, but this time the format of the format was not taken, but then failed after installing files. Can you help me wonder. How to throw format.

Student
one_sky
Message 59 of 216 (3,866 Views)

Installing Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion G6

I recent bought an hp g6-2235us notebook which has window 8 on it. I downgrade it back to window 7, but I cdan't seem to find the drivers for  it. Can anyone help me find the drivers? Very much appreciate.

Honor Student
DAVID86
Message 60 of 216 (3,858 Views)

[ Edited ]

Helo i need your help sir.if you can plz save me from win 8.i m starting to hate my laptop just cause of win 8 or 8.1(tried both)

i will come straight to the point. i hope u can give me the links of drivers for win 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Notebook details are as follows.

HP Pavilion g6-2319ss       And product code   D6W94EA#ABE 

Intel core i7 3632QM 

with INTEL HD 4000 graphics only.

and rest u know drivers for wifi , ethernet, bluetooth, usb , and maybe some more.

Like u helped the other guy.but his model is little different from AMD.....if it was same i wouldnt have disturbed you.

Thanks in Advance. From Barcelona.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation