03-08-2014 05:11 PM
Finally I have managed to install XP on this laptop! It turns out that my hard drive was bad; I put a different HDD in, used the slipstreamed disc that I'd made and it worked without an issue. Thank you for your help!
Also, even though I've slipstreamed drivers for the nc6400, I can still use this disc on any other PC can't I?
03-08-2014 05:55 PM
It will work on any computer up to an Intel series 5 chipset (if you used the drivers I posted) and it will work on any PC in IDE mode.
It will not work on any AMD computer that has an ahci controller because you have to slipstream different drivers.
If you want to make an XP disk that installs on any PC up to an Intel series 7 chipset and any AMD PC, unzip and slipstream the drivers I have attached under the Attachments line of this reply.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)