Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1. Product Name is hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc

2. operating system is Windows 7 home premiere

3. Error message:

At bootup dos screen, it states "The system has detected the storage capacity of internal battery 601 to be very low. For optimal performance battery needs to be replaced".

4. No changes have been made to the system before this occured

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for your specific model.

On the page 45-46 you will find instructions how to remove the battery and how to install the battery.

Here you may buy new one.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to replace current battery for new one.

If it is still under warranty (each battery has a one year warranty) then please contact with HP. They will send you new one for free. How to do it? Check the link below and choose your country:
Contact HP Worldwide

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks for the message.

How do i replace the internal battery? My laptop is out of warranty?

HP Recommended

Please write your notebook product number (p/n) and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Product Number is WA783VA#ABA

CALIFORNIA, USA

HP Recommended

Please check again product number. It looks then this one is incorrect.

HP Recommended

oOPS.

WA783UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for your specific model.

On the page 45-46 you will find instructions how to remove the battery and how to install the battery.

Here you may buy new one.

HP Recommended

I have received the same message on my dv6-2155dx.  Product # WA781UA#ABA  Serial # CNF9502NRS.  I have been searching for the correct replacement battery and haven't located it.  The small sticker on the battery says to REPLACE WITH HP SPARE 484170-001.

Can you help?

HP Recommended

@fredscott

Hi,

Please check this link.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.