Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently bought an HP 15-022TX notebook (with NVIDIA GeForce 820M card) from Flipkart. I installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit from DreamSpark and downloaded the driver for the card from here.
Now when I run the setup, it gives the following error -

screenshot.jpg

So I headed over to Intel Download Center and used the Intel® Driver Update Utility. But it seems Internet Explorer crashes everytime I start the utility (tried this with Windows 7 Pro 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit).

Now I wanted to determine my Intel Graphics driver so here's the output of 'Right click on desktop' -> 'Screen resolution' -> Advanced settings' -

scr_res.jpg

So how do I determine which driver to download from the Intel Download Center? In 'Find by Category', I looked in 'Graphics' -> 'Laptop graphics drivers' but none of the drivers listed seem to help.

PS - Ironically, I could find help for installing the driver for Ubuntu much faster.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks  and   for your suggestions. But it seems I've resolved my problem. I downloaded SlimDrivers Free from download.com and let it scan my laptop. It automatically detected the outdated VGA driver and downloaded and installed the appropriate Intel HD Graphics driver.

Anyways thank you for your support!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Try installing this:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66556.exe

After that and reboot windows then you could try installing your Nvidia driver again.

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Click the White thumb if you like the answer.**
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the driver Derek posted doesn't work (it should), then use this one...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23885&lang=eng&ProdId=3719

HP Recommended

Awesome paul you provided the offical driver from intel 

Thanks for coming!

Good luck installing that driver and if you have an question me and paul will be more than happy to help.

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
HP Recommended

Thanks  and   for your suggestions. But it seems I've resolved my problem. I downloaded SlimDrivers Free from download.com and let it scan my laptop. It automatically detected the outdated VGA driver and downloaded and installed the appropriate Intel HD Graphics driver.

Anyways thank you for your support!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have intsalled NVIDIA graphics driver however it seems that NVIDIA drivers are partially installed meaning:

It is available under option from Device Manger

capture.jpg

However If I run command "dxdiag" (through Winows button + R)it shows "Intel HD Graphics Family "as primary graphic device(below screenshot):

capture1.jpg

Any suggestion OR feedback for this behaviour?? I will be extremely happy if someone knows resolution.

Thanks,

kklad

HP Recommended

Let's wait, a moderator had to approve a picture so we could troubleshoot your problem. Please be as specfic as possible and provide your full model number excluding serial number.

HP Recommended
Hi,

I have same HP notebook that nisargshah95 has.
Device: HP 15-022TX notebook
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce 820M card

I hope this info. is enough and issue which I have raised has been understood to you.
Ekse I can give you more inputs.

Thanks,
Kamlesh lad.
HP Recommended

The images showing on your computer is normal I mean since intel is built in but Nividia is delicated (not part of the motherboard or cpu) bad explaning i do apologize..

Look at mine screenshoot.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.