Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 14-r017tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an unspecified device called Keyboard_Filter_01 on my hp14_r017tx notebook

How do I resolve this?

Thanks

japkh78

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Please try QuickLauch software:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56929.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

still doesn't work.

the "unspecified" Keyboard_filter_01 is still there

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

japkh78

HP Recommended

Hi,

Now, please

(a) Right click "Unknown device",
(b) Click "Properties",
(c) Click "Details" tab,
(d) Select "hardare ids" from Property pull down window,
(e) Right click "Value" area and "Select all",
(f) Hold down Ctrl key then press C,
(g) Paste the information to your post back message.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

There is no way to right click and get value.

Is it a bad install?

Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see if this driver works...

This package contains the HP System Event Utility for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. HP System Event Utility enables special function keys to be programmed.

File name: sp70439.exe

HP Recommended

@paul,

I tried installing the files. It crashes and forces me to restart. Then I manually installed the hpSystemUtility, it works fine, BUT the keyboard_filter is still there in the unspecified device. I thought perhaps I tried installing sp56929.exe that banhien suggested after installing the hpSystemUtility, so I tried that and it still doesn't work. The cursed keyboard_filter unspecified device is still there.

The thing is. it doesn't have manufacturer, model number, no device status either. On the properties of the device, it only has general and hardware tabs.

I also cannot remove the device since it doesn't give me the option of removing the device on the device explorer.

Furthermore, there is no yellow star on the device manager, so the driver SHOULD be fine except it's just sitting there on the unspecified device.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I do not have any other ideas.

The driver that banhien posted is for older models.

The system event utility is for the newer models such as yours.

In theory we were both looking for the right driver as these drivers program the special function keys to work.

The keyboard filter missing device is usually resolved by one of these drivers.

On the business notebooks, the comparable driver is the hotkey driver.

You can give that a try but I doubt it will work, and I'm afraid you may have to live with the unresolved device.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65563.exe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.