03-02-2011 03:59 PM
In november last year, my charger started playing up and wasn't showing any sign of charging and eventually my battery ran dead. I left it to charge overnight with the intention of returning it the next morning still under warantee only to find it was working perfectly again. In a panic, I'd ordered a new charger anyway as a lot of my university work was stuck there and I needed to remove it before sending my laptop back, just in case.
The problem ever occured again until about a week ago now, when the charger completely cut out and hasn't worked since. I set up my new charger though which was yet to be used, only to find the battery will only charge when the laptop is completely shut down, and takes about two days to charge to a point where I can actually turn it on.
I have a HP G61 401SA which I bought in August 2010, so it's still under warantee when my Dad finds the receipts. I ran the battery check and it says it's in good condition, so now I'm just stuck between if it's a charger problem or something internal?
03-02-2011 07:53 PM
Warranty Status Check website In order to look up the status, you'll need to enter your serial number and model number.
|******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******|
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)