Question

Student
hlbkearn
Message 1 of 2 (1,483 Views)

Laptop Charger broken?

Hi,

In november last year, my charger started playing up and wasn't showing any sign of charging and eventually my battery ran dead. I left it to charge overnight with the intention of returning it the next morning still under warantee only to find it was working perfectly again. In a panic, I'd ordered a new charger anyway as a lot of my university work was stuck there and I needed to remove it before sending my laptop back, just in case. 

The problem ever occured again until about a week ago now, when the charger completely cut out and hasn't worked since. I set up my new charger though which was yet to be used, only to find the battery will only charge when the laptop is completely shut down, and takes about two days to charge to a point where I can actually turn it on. 

I have a HP G61 401SA which I bought in August 2010, so it's still under warantee when my Dad finds the receipts. I ran the battery check and it says it's in good condition, so now I'm just stuck between if it's a charger problem or something internal?

Thanks

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 2 (1,457 Views)

Re: Laptop Charger broken?

Warranty Status Check website  In order to look up the status, you'll need to enter your serial number and model number.

The Serial Number (s/n) is a ten-digit alpha-numeric number that is unique to your product.
The Product Number (p/n) is a six or seven-digit alpha-numeric number that identifies your product. If there is a pound sign (#) or a dash (-) in the p/n, enter only the letters and numbers before the # or - sign.
Both numbers can be found on the Universal Product Code (UPC) or Service Tag sticker located on bottom of your laptop.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation