Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Folks I have one that "HAD" the same problem. I bought it at a pawn shop for $50 :smileyhappy: I have a little fix if your willing to try it. What I found is going on is there is a wire on the back left corner that is pinched. If you take all the screws out of the bottom of the case and pop the case a part a little where you can see behind the monitor jack you will see a wire. If you look at that wire it will have holes in the casing of the wire. All you have to do is either leave that one screw out where the case will stay loose it will work just fine. with the computer powered up try squeezing that corner and it will imediately black out. as long as you keep away from that corner the problem is gone for good. It will boot up fine every time

HP Recommended
How do you get it to power off when overheated
I left it in a blanket for 45 min. It was very hot but the lights were still blinking
HP Recommended

rblencoe99 is a genius.

Overheating the computer worked, I left it about 20 min powered on under my eiderdown. Then I turned it off and back on, and voila! It is working again!

HP Recommended
Overheating doesn't work for me.
I overheated laptop for 4 times , 30 min and 1hr (with adaptor), twice 1 hr with battery.

laptop model - hp pavilion 15n 209tx .

Problem - laptop won't boot and caps lock blinking continuously ( 1 blink per 4sec. )

Please help me guys
HP Recommended
I have the exact same problem. Only a cpl months past 1 yr warranty, go figure... I think this is, with so many complaints, reason for recall. Never had a pc crash in 14 months, don't even user but a few times a week. Help a sister out if ya can.. please 😉
Peace and One Love ♥
HP Recommended
My HP Pavillion dv7 has a similar problem however, my caps lock light and the number lock light continue to flash after starting. Also, the fan turns on briefly but does not continue to run. Screen remains black. Tanx
HP Recommended

i opened my hp pavillion g6 2016  tx. And after reassembling screen is just blank. caps lock keeps blinking

someone please help me with this

HP Recommended

this happend with me 2 time.. first time there was some keyboard combo wind+b that worked pressing esc key but second  time a engineer came he just took our cmos battery and reinserted and boom it worked.. you can try putting power pluged in while battery and cmos battery is out if not turn on put cmos battery again and it will turn and hence update your bios to latest version. 

HP Recommended

this error occurs due to many reasons like...paging fault.....memry dumps...or OS unable to take new setting due to some intrrupt.....so don't worry...you do not need to be proffesional to solve this error...just you need a little bit knowledge of RAM ...BIOS...and CMOS...

if you have...then let's resolve..

step 1. Remove the Back pannel of your laptop..very carefully...if it is desktop..then remove the cabinate case..

step 2.Remove the RAM from slots

step 3.find the CMOS battery on the board....and remove it very carefully...

step 4.Wait for 2-5 min...and put the CMOS battery again at the proper place

step 5.Alter the ram slot.....and put the RAM at proper place..

then power on the machine...it shows the BIOS Reset option and ask to enter the ENTER button....press enter....it will reset bios auto... and system will boot properly

thx my friends..

HP Recommended
I am having same problem, blank screen and the caps lock button blinking and the amber on the Wireless button. I tried wrapping it up for a while, came back and it wad powered off already, I powered it on and to my dismay....it didn't come on...it continued blinking caps lock!!!! The hp envy 17 just barely passed its warranty . Need help ASAP please
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.