Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.

I am using an HP Pavilion g6-1125sw laptop. The laptop is about 5 months old and 2 days ago something odd happened. Let me start from the beginning; I was changing the graphics properties of a game and when I pressed "Proceed with changes", the screen went blank but the computer was still working. So I switched it off (took the battery out) and booted again, and it went as far as to my wallpaper and I was able to view my wallpaper and all for a about minute then screen went blank again. I tried using HP advanced diagnostic tools that come up just when you boot up, but even with that the screen went blank.

The next day the laptop didn't even boot up, the fans were whirring but not the BIOS screen came up. The CAPS lock button is blinking in intervals of two, the wireless button is orange and thats it. Its been like this ever since. Any suggestions? Please! T

Thanks in advance.

Product number: QA598EA#AKD

Product name: HP Pavilion g6-1125sw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
157 REPLIES 157
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Hey, thanks for that link. But I was wondering if you could explain what this means: "Restore BIOS from onboard backup (jumpers)". What does this mean? And with service it means take out to a authorized dealer right? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Most of the time yes it needs professional attention when you have a bios corruption failure.

Scroll up that page I posted and try the Power Reset procedure.

HP Recommended

laptop is not starting and caps lock blinking

HP Recommended

My HP Pavilian dv7-1240us has a similar problem however, my caps lock light and the number lock light continue to flash after starting. Also, the fan turns on briefly but does not continue to run. Screen remains black. Any thoughts on this?

HP Pavilian dv7-1240us

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

I have a Hp Pavillion DV4-1225dx laptop. I have sent this in for repairs a half a dozen times. My latest issue was the caps lock and numbers lock blinking. It would blink a series of 4 times. I thought it was the motherboard, again.  It meant the graphics controller not functioning. Hp said they no longer service this model. I just knew I was screwed.  Every computer shop I checked cost too much to fix, I might as well by a new laptop. Then, I browsed the web through my HTC evo looking for solutions.  Someone advised me to remove one of the 2GB memory from the memory port. I removed the top memory stick and when I powerded it up, it was the same thing. Then I removed the bottom stick and only left the top stick in, and it powered up normally. I couldn't believe this totally fixed my issue. There is still something wrong, but for the time being........ It works perfect. I don't have 4 GB right now because I removed the 2GB stick, but I'm going to buy 1 -4GB stick and put it in the slot that works and it will give it 4GB, just like it supposed to be. I hope this works for everyone, My laptop sat up in my top closet for months.  I'm actually using my DV4-1225dx right now. 

HP Recommended

Hello All!!

So I rarely post on forums...to be honest I never do, but I had to create an account and tell you how I managed to fix this annoying problem.

So I have a HP G56 model 220CA and yesterday morning I woke up and my screen was completely black. It was beeping 1 light every 5 seconds, for about 15 minutes. Anyway I searched and searched through forums, and the general consensus was that my CPU had failed, and that I would have to send it in to HP. Anyway, I called HP support, got on the phone with one of there tech agents, he asked me my name and model number, and than asked me what was happening. I explained, and with no troubleshoot what soever he told me that my motherboard was friend and that it is in my best interest to have it shipped and pay $329.00 to replace my motherboard.

I was a little confused on how he was able to diagnose so quickly that my mobo was fried, but I went along with it anyway. I told him that most likely I would not be sending it into him, and he was confused and didn't understand why. I told him that I had searched for about 3 hours, and found about 30 people with the same problem I am having, and that this is a common problem with HP's and that I am not going to throw money at **bleep**, and exspect it to smell like roses. Anyway in the end I told him I am buying a lenovo and to go to hell....

Well, after that I was pretty much pissed right the hell off, my warranty ended 1 month ago, and I wasn't putting any more money into this laptop. So then I rememberd something I had done along time ago with my Xbox and it actually worked when it was red ringing... So I took my laptop, wrapped it tight into one of my sweaters, and let it run for about 20-30 minutes... I came back 30 minutes later, it was right hot, but the computer had actually powered itself off.... well I then tryed to power it back on, and voila ... it works... hope this may help some of you. Good luck!

HP Recommended
Sorry, forgot to add that the blinking light was in fact the caps lock blinking.. just to clarify that..

I also reseated the RAM before hand and that didn't work either, and I did a hard reset with the battery, and that failed as well... I am not saying this method will work for you, and its really not 'textbook' but it worked for me..
HP Recommended
Ohhhhh Also lol...Once I did get my computer back booting up and on the windows logon, I powered it off, went to staples, got an air canister and cleaned out all of the vents in my laptop, just to be safe..I also then downloaded the latest bios and flashed it, and it is now running smoothly for the past 4-5 hours.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.