Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP EliteBook 8540w running Windows 7 Enterprise x64. After installing my new Canon EOS450D "EOS DIGITAL Solutions Disk v22.0" software that came with the camera, I rebooted as prompted.

Now my laptop boots and shows the HP logo (blue circle, with the white letters HP in the center) in the center of the screen, with "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" in the bottom left of the screen. This is where is gets and stays stuck.

NO keyboard presses work. From ESC, F1 - F12, Enter, Space.....no reaction. CTRL+ALT+DEL does work however, to reboot straight back into the "stuck" screen.

I have removed the hard drive and DB drive as well as the additional memory, it still boots to the "stuck" screen and stays there. I cant boot from any device to update the BIOS as I cannot get past the HP logo screen.

The only other similar posts on the web I could find was this one (also BIOS related)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/HP-Logo-boot-screen-Stuck/m-p/157702

There is not information AT ALL on Canon's website.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sias

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

1. Be sure all external devices are unplugged when booting, if this fixes the issue, then you have a device that has problems.

2. Unplug AC power and remove the main battery, hold the power button down for 15 seconds, connect AC power but not the battery see if it will boot normally. If it does remove the Canon software of you think it is the cause of this issue.

3. If the system will boot from a DVD, it may not since it does not finish the bios loading. Try a Windows System restore. You will have to Boot from a Windows 764bit installation DVD, or a W764bit System Repair disc if you made one, HP does not provide this disc, you can either borrow one or use another W764bit PC to make a repair disc, it is found in All Programs>Maintenance>Create a System Repair disc. It has to be a 64bit repair disc.

Once you boot from this, you can do a windows system restore, pick a date before you installed the Canon software.

Here is an article that will help, the only difference is you will choose "System Restore" from this screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.html

HP Recommended
Hey, I'm having a problem with my hp laptop, I bought it 1 year ago, it asked me to download updates, restarted it and now it dosen't boot up.
It shows a hp logo at middle and start up menu Esc at the bottom left. After 30 seconds, it restarts and the same thing occurs again. My model is Hp EliteBook 8470p.
HP Recommended

Hi Lulu123456,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product.
You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

Here is a general document on how to troubleshoot not loading up at the HP logo.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835735

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

nothing i tried makes it boot up

the f commands will show system boot or press excape but wont boot

HP Recommended

Mumbodog, thanks! It got me on the login page and onto the desktop. Works totally fine!

Note: Turns out it works for more than one type of computer. I have a HP Pavillion Sleekbook 15.

HP Recommended

I have exactly same problem. I tried anything,, f1-f12 and ctrl+alt+del. but I got stuck right there.

Can you show me how you make it work? Many thanks,

HP Recommended

OMG THANK YOU This Fixed My Hp Elite Desktop THANK YOU!!!

-Journey

HP Recommended
Hi I have an HP laptop and its currently stuck on the logo screen. Unfortunately my daughter turned the computer off while O had an external drive plugged in and then attempted to restart it with the external hard drive plugged in. We started getting the error screen and the I tried to recover with a USB recovery stick but that didn't work..tried to change BIOS boot order that didn't work *not sure if I did that right* and now we are stuck at the HP logo screen. Please help. We need the co.outer desperately today... Thanks2/26/2016
HP Recommended
The model number iis HP 15
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.