Laptop stuck on blue "please wait" screen (1046 Views)
Honor Student
Jaysonv
Message 1 of 6 (1,046 Views)

Laptop stuck on blue "please wait" screen

I was working on myy laptop when all of a sudden the mouse dissapeared. And after putting the computer on and off of sleep mode, I got a message saying my PC needs to restart. After restarting my PC i got the following message:

"the instruction at 0xce479c34 referenced memory at 0xce4403c0. The memory could not be written." - so after getting this message on startup numerous times I tried to factory reset my laptop.

Now my laptop is on a loop; first it shows the hp screen, and then a blue screen with a window that's titled "HP notebook", which has the date and a message that says "please wait". Pressing the F11 and F8 keys for Startup menu and system recovery options no longer work. I have a HP Notebook 2000 pc with windows 8 pre-installed. I don't know what to do because I don't even know what's the problem. Please helpUntitled.png

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 6 (1,003 Views)

Re: Laptop stuck on blue "please wait" screen

Hello Jaysonv,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

I understand the computer experience a "memory cannot be written" error message. I will do my best to assist you!

I believe the first avenue of troubleshooting should be to address the hardware. Sometimes, this error can be the product of faulty hardware. I believe you should try to run the HP diagnostic utilities that can be ran before the computer boots. Please review this document for instructions on how to do this: Testing for Hardware Failures

Please run all of the tests, and let me know the results. This will determine which avenue of troubleshooting needs to be ventured next. Thanks for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Jaysonv
Message 3 of 6 (985 Views)

I went to diagnostics and ran a memory test and a hard drive test. The memory test passed, but the "long DST" failed on hard drive test. 

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 6 (981 Views)

Thank you for the information. A Long DST failure indicates that the hard drive is not function correctly. I would look into getting a new one. If you want, you can call HP phone support, since they may be able to send you one. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks and have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Jaysonv
Message 5 of 6 (975 Views)

Thank you. If i get a new hard drive, does it have to be for the exact same computer model? And  I got my laptop pre-installed with windows 8 when i first got it. if I get a new hard drive would I have to purchase Windows 8? (I factory resetted my laptop before I posted my question and I don't know if it deleted Windows 8)

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 6 of 6 (970 Views)

Yes, the hard drive does need to match the computer specifications. I would personally order the exact same hard drive, just to avoid unnecessary complications. And if you did delete Windows 8, you will probably have to re-purchase it, or borrow it from a friend.

Mario

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation