Laptop typing sssssssss by itself (1028 Views)
Tutor
garydoski
Message 1 of 3 (1,028 Views)

Laptop typing sssssssss by itself

I have a Pavilion ze5570us and I keep getting an intermittent

problem where it will start typing sssssss by itself?

Different keyboards did not solve the problem.

Anybody here know what this might be?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Tutor
m9x3mos
Message 2 of 3 (1,019 Views)

Re: Laptop typing sssssssss by itself

You mean different keyboards ie meaning you took off the one from the computer and installed a new one to the pc or that you hooked up an external one like usb.  When I am thinking if you didn't try a different actual keyboard on the computer itself the key is getting stuck on the laptop keyboard.  Hard to test since I don't know anyway of just diabeling that keyboard. To rule out software I would get a Ubuntu linux live cd and boot from there to see if it is your windows install that is causing the problem. if it don't do it then it is an os problem, start by virus and spyware scan may need to reinstall os. if it still does it may be best to have a professional look at it, because next would be to remove the keyboard from the laptop and try a different one.  Don't know if you can use it without a keyboard attached.  But with the current keyboard out and still does it it may be a deeper issue like motherboard or something else then.

Tutor
garydoski
Message 3 of 3 (1,013 Views)

Re: Laptop typing sssssssss by itself

Thanks for replying

I plugged in external keyboards in, using the USB port.

This will happen all by itself, just start typing "sssss" without me touching anything. IE: I'll be reading an email

and wherever My cursor is, sss will start typing.

It will work fine for a week or more, then start doing it again??

I guess I'll just reload the os.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation