Question

Honor Student
Roseade
Message 1 of 6 (2,618 Views)

Laptop will not boot up! Help

Sorry for the double post-I entered the wrong info in the subject heading.

My laptop will not boot up.  HP Pavilion dv6000  I have had for about 18 months.  When I press the power button, it sounds like it's going to start but after 3 seconds it shuts down again.  The lights come on so I know it's getting power.  Ihave removed the battery, and the AC power, held the power button down for 15 seconds and then plugged the AC back in with no change, added the battery still no change.  Screen is blank with no response to key strokes.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the double post-I entered the worng info inthe subject field.

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 2 of 6 (2,594 Views)

Re: Laptop will not boot up! Help

basic troubleshooting link

Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Tutor
Notebookrepair
Message 3 of 6 (2,510 Views)

Hello!

I know your problem.Your notebook is AMD or Intel.If your notebook is Intel then maybe I can help you.

Where are you from?

Regards,Albert

I am a notebook technician for 10 years
Teacher
mancy_techno
Message 4 of 6 (2,193 Views)

Hi,

If the battery of the HP laptop is not in a good condition, sometimes booting problems might happen. To remove any static charges accumulated in the battery, you would have to remove the battery and press the Power button for about 25-35 seconds. Then reset the battery. Even after this, if your laptop is not booting up then you could perform the battery calibration and press F8 key to boot in safe mode.

Get more information to fix HP Laptop not booting :

http://supportforhp.iyogi.com/laptop-not-booting.html

Hope this information helps you.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
Honor Student
jgossman
Message 5 of 6 (2,154 Views)

Laptop will not boot up! Help

Over the spring I installed a new hard drive on a Pavilion.  The computer worked fine until about a month ago.  It will not boot up; I have inserted the OS discs and it will not boot from them.  The windows logo shows on startup then it goes to a black screen with the mouse pointer.  I CTRL ALT DEL and now have a blue screen.

Upon startup I hit F2 and chose to run a hard disk self test..it won't run the test.  Could the hard drive (new one) now be bad - again????

Top Student
gohogs
Message 6 of 6 (2,127 Views)

Find the hard drive manufacture's tools on their website.  Get the bootable image.  Run for a more detailed diagnostic.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation