Latest HP Support Assistant Update - Version 6.0.5.4 (7437 Views)
Tutor
mhopper20
Message 1 of 8 (7,437 Views)

Latest HP Support Assistant Update - Version 6.0.5.4

As of last night my dv6 pavillion laptop prompted me to install an update to the HP Support Assistant. Once I carry out this process it says the Upgrade was successful and I get the quick access bar installed, click on it, click on open HP Support Assistant, the HP Support Assistant Splash screen appears then disappears and nothing more happens in relation to HP Support Assistant.

Is anyone else having these problems? And how would I resolve it?

Mark Hopper
Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 8 (7,396 Views)

Re: Latest HP Support Assistant Update - Version 6.0.5.4

Hi Mark,

Try the following

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by opening windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP Support Assistant and select Uninstall.  When this process has completed, restart the notebook.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
mhopper20
Message 3 of 8 (7,324 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply, this however doesn't resolve the main issue which is that HP quote that the install has been tested and works correctly. And also if this update is known to cause problems why hasn't it been withdrawn?

The latest version I get to is 5.2.9.2, whereas after installing that I get an update prompt for 6.0.5.4.

EDIT: I have since resolved this issue by uninstalling the non-properly instaled latest version, downloading the Installer from my laptops software & driver's download page, installed it and hey presto, it works. So if anyone else is having this issue, check your appropiate computers software and download page.

Mark Hopper
Student
howardduck
Message 4 of 8 (6,891 Views)

So you went back to version 5.2.9.2 I assume. That's what I did, and it works fine - except that when Support Assistant prompts me to install latest (6.0.5.4) version, I must refuse it. At HP website for my model, v 5.2.9.2 is still listed as latest.

Student
Bhupal
Message 5 of 8 (4,003 Views)

i didn't update on my HP laptop, kindly sent to me all the updates for me.

Honor Student
cheri44
Message 6 of 8 (3,996 Views)

I can't help, but thought I would share because this may be a problem with the dv6, which I also have.  The update wouldn't install on mine, and I just got an "error" message, which gave no clue as to what the error might be.

Student
akshay001
Message 7 of 8 (3,758 Views)

Hey I am using hp 4530s model of HP & facing the same problem of hp support assistant i.e. aftrt installing latest version it is not working & failing to start & in older version giving message to update.

What to do now ??

Honor Student
parasma
Message 8 of 8 (3,752 Views)

similar problem with me.

[ Edited ]

similar problem with me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation