Latest version of HP MediaSmart (2754 Views)
Top Student
TxCatLady
Message 1 of 14 (2,754 Views)

Latest version of HP MediaSmart

Windows 7 Compatibility Center says that Version 3 is compatible. My HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv7t came with Version 2. How do I purchase the latest version? I've done some hunting around but can't seem to locate a purchase area.

Thanks for any help!

Be Calm and Tranquil in Your Pursuit of the Finest Things
Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 14 (2,751 Views)

Re: Latest version of HP MediaSmart

[ Edited ]

Use the button at top of this page_'Support & Drivers'. Use your full model as input. There should be the newer version listed  under Windows 7 drivers.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
Autumnsboy
Message 3 of 14 (2,744 Views)

I have tried that.  I have a HP Pavilion dv4t-1400 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC.  I have checked for this software but don't see anything available.

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 14 (2,734 Views)

Autumnsboy wrote:

I have tried that.  I have a HP Pavilion dv4t-1400 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC.  I have checked for this software but don't see anything available.

Remove the incompatible versions before the Upgrade. Next use the button at top of this page_'Support & Drivers'. Use your full model as input. The newer version is listed to download under Windows 7 section.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
TxCatLady
Message 5 of 14 (2,709 Views)

OK, I found that. So I need to uninstall what is on my laptop first before installing? On my laptop I have Media Smart Menu, DVD, Help, Music, Photo, Sling Player, TV, Video, Webcam. I don't use the Sling Player TV or Webcam, would I need to install those anyway/

Thanks for the assistance. Just got this new laptop in August and don't want to mess anything up!

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 14 (2,701 Views)

If Win 7 will allow you to install without removing the MediaSmart software..go ahead and update the software later from your model's page.

Any of the software you don't use/need can be uninstalled either before or after.

Teacher
ryguy2008
Message 7 of 14 (2,668 Views)

I found here that it didn't really work when I tried to install the new version without uninstalling the old. They upgrades take a little wihle to download and install, particularly the MediaSmart MVP, so I do recommend just to save yourself time uninstall the old ones first. Anything that's installed with the word MediaSmart can be removed.

Provost
CherylG
Message 8 of 14 (2,661 Views)

Please take note_before starting the Upgrade..Uninstall any Anti-Virus app or Security Suite you have. A recent poster was having a failure and it seems that the Upgrade Disks from HP do not properly recognize the fact that Security apps will stop the upgrade.

Teacher
ryguy2008
Message 9 of 14 (2,643 Views)

Well, besides the fact I did uninstall my virus scan, the upgrade discs do not contain MediaSmart software. It's pulled from HP Support Assistant which downloads it online, which is step 2 of the post-installation upgrade manager.

Top Student
TxCatLady
Message 10 of 14 (2,623 Views)

Thanks for the help, I'll wait till this weekend to work on it. I'm sorry, what is MVP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation