Question

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 1 of 6 (1,006 Views)

Learn about how to use your new HP Chromebook here!

In this post you’ll find links to support information for the HP Chromebook. These are just a few highlights—you can find more info on the HP Customer Care page for the HP Pavilion 14-c010us Chromebook.

Frequently Asked Questions: A good place to start if you aren’t familiar with Chromebooks.

Creating and Using Accounts: Chromebooks use Google Accounts, keeping all your stuff private from other people who share the computer, and letting you sync your preferences to other Chrome devices.

Installing and Uninstalling Apps: Rather than using traditional computer software, Chromebooks run web apps. There are Chrome versions of many popular apps you might use on your iOS or Android phone or tablet, available from the Chrome Web Store.

Working with Files: File management on a Chromebook is probably a bit different from what you’re used to on a Windows PC, but it’s very intuitive. You can store all your stuff online (if you want) with the integrated Google Drive.

Performing Common Productivity Tasks: There are lots of Chrome apps available for work, school, and home productivity on your Chromebook. This document focuses on the basics: word processing, and creating spreadsheets and presentations.

Listening to Music, Watching Videos, and Viewing Photos: Chromebooks come with built-in apps for playing entertainment media. Other media player apps are available from the Chrome Web Store.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
DanJMJ
Message 2 of 6 (973 Views)

Re: Learn about how to use your new HP Chromebook here!

I bought the new HP Chromebook and a new HP Deskjet 3510 printer. I have an airport extreme router. How do I print?

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 3 of 6 (960 Views)

Your new printer is ePrint enabled (cloud-ready), which makes it easier to print with Google Cloud Print. Once you have the printer set up, enter your ePrint email address on this page to begin using it with your Chromebook: Connect your HP printer with Google Cloud Print

For more information about setting up your printer, see the HP ePrint Center: https://h30495.www3.hp.com/help/about

More information and support for Google Cloud Print

If you have more in-depth questions about your printer, you might want to check out the Printers and All-in-Ones section of the support forum.

Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
DanJMJ
Message 4 of 6 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]

Can you initially setup an HP 3510 printer out of the box using only an HP chromebook?

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 5 of 6 (942 Views)

I think you'll need to use a different computer to do the initial setup. From what I can tell the setup involves installing software, which can't be done on a Chromebook.

Sorry to say I am not a printing expert whatsoever, and I don't know if it's possible to set up this printer without using the printer software. If you have further questions relating to printer setup, again I would recommend the Printers and All-in-Ones section of the support forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
Student
Marzipan24
Message 6 of 6 (572 Views)

Can you point me to instruction on using the Chromebook 14 with an external projector.  
Can a USB port be used if the projector does not have a HDMI port?  
If not, is there HDMI to USB cable?

What are the key sequences to cycle thru display options, screen and projector, projector only, etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation