Question

Honor Student
MatejFucek
Message 1 of 9 (1,861 Views)

List of software/drivers preinstalled

Hi

I just purchased HP PAVILION DV5 1170ep laptop/notebook and i had to format and reinstall Windows Vista portuguese and installed Windows Vista 64bit english version. Now the problem is that on the HP site i cannot find all the PRE-INSTALLED software and drivers that have been installed on the PC such as QuickPlay and others... Is there any possibility of obtaining a List of pre-installed software and drivers so i know what i am missing ? thanks a lot

Teacher
dago517
Message 2 of 9 (1,826 Views)

Re: List of software/drivers preinstalled

64-bit DVD

If you bought Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, or Business as a retail, packaged product, and you would like a DVD of 64-bit software media to install on your PC, please choose your language:

source: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/64-bit.aspx

It's free, if you meet the requirements.

See top right column "Try our upgrade advisor" <<<<<<< See this

You must have a CPU on your PC that can run a 64bit OS. Double check this to be sure. Warning 64bit OSs of Windows Vista have been known to have drivers problems. Contact HP support directly before you install it for details concerning this problem.

Teacher
dago517
Message 3 of 9 (1,823 Views)

Wow! How did this get here? I just posted it to another thread. I'm sure.

Hmmm, that's a glitch for sure.:smileyvery-happy:

About your problem, see HP support for this one. The specifications should give a rough list but not a complete list.

HEY HP are you out there? :smileywink:

Honor Student
MatejFucek
Message 4 of 9 (1,781 Views)

Or is there any way that I can create recovery CD only with the programs that were preinstalled? (i still have the whole Recovery partition on my HDD)
Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 9 (1,776 Views)

You could always use Disk Management to' Mark as Active' the recovery partition.On reboot the laptop should boot into recovery and reinstall back to factory specs. All of your driver and program installers will be in C:\SwSetup.Burn that folder to dvd before reformatting to install your preferred Vista.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
MatejFucek
Message 6 of 9 (1,694 Views)

great :smileysad:  when pressing F11 attempting to run recovery Partition it does not find anything and then it boots normally :smileysad: any idea why?
Provost
CherylG
Message 7 of 9 (1,661 Views)

F11 no longer works after formatting C:.You will have to use Disk Management as I mentioned above.On reboot Do Not tap F11.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
MatejFucek
Message 8 of 9 (1,640 Views)

well even if i set my partition with the recovery files to active at start up the laptop will not find anthing and will simply boot normally
Provost
CherylG
Message 9 of 9 (1,600 Views)

That is strange. You are not tapping F11 ,right? You may have to bite the bullet and order Recovery set from HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation