09-22-2009 08:48 AM
My computer was taking about 20 - 30 minutes to get to the login screen. After hours of time with HP tech support, they recommended that I restore it to factory state. (and loose all of my software installs, etc)
Not wanting to do this, I looked for another solution. Since my computer is setup to work on a university domain, it turns out that while booting at home, with the wireless on, it was searching for the domain that it could not find. The solution was to make sure that wireless is off when booting if not plugged into the network.
Computer: TX2Z-1000 tablet pc running 64 bit vista ultimate
hope this helps someone else out in the future.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)