Question

Honor Student
vahetad
Message 1 of 6 (432 Views)

Loss of internet connectivity following upgrade to Windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1.  During work often wireless Internet (WiFi) is off. 

Model dv6-7247cl
Serial [edited by Moderator]
Product number C2L34UA#ABA

Intern
chetanrao_tech
Message 2 of 6 (423 Views)

Re: Loss of internet connectivity following upgrade to Windows 8.1

Hi,

As you have mentioned that you upgraded OS to win 8.1 due to which connection keeps dropping you are suppose to download and update latest wireless driver to fix the problem, please click on the link below to download wireless driver If you still have the same problem please reply back to this message.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-127981-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Chetan 
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

george-p
Message 3 of 6 (419 Views)

Hi Vahetad,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as your Serial Number in your post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you,

George

I work for HP
Honor Student
vahetad
Message 4 of 6 (375 Views)

Sorry, I can not install that driver.

opened window

"Устройства беспроводного адаптера 802.11a/b/g/n не найден"

Student
JJPadilla
Message 5 of 6 (80 Views)

I am unable to instal this, it gives me this notification, "The Device may not be present or could have been ejected'unplugged from the system. Aboring the install, please insert the card and try the installer agian." What do I do?

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 6 of 6 (71 Views)

Hey all

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Notebook and not able to connect to Wireless Networks.  Here is a link to checking on Airplane mode is not on. Airplane mode is a Windows 8 setting that disables the computer's ability to transmit or receive signals. In the same document it shows how to make sure your WiFi is turned on. If this does not work try resetting your router. Unplug it for a moment or 2 and plug it back in and then try to connect. Here is a link to troubleshoot the WiFi. I recommend using the HP Support Assistant. Use this tool to connect your computer to the wireless as it has a built in wireless assistant. If you need the HP Support Assistant download follow the link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation