Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DM4-1160us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I responded to a Microsoft invitation to register to receive Windows 10 when it come out.  They did an update to my laptop, which somehow lost something called CENTRINO N-1000 NET DRIVER, the result of which is that I can no longer access my LAN on my HP.  It won't respond to RESTORE attempts, and it can't recognize my LAN.  It says there are no wireless networks to find.  Since I can't get online with the product needing the download of the driver, is there any other way to obtain that driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The site I linked you to will not try to do that but once you have installed the driver I posted, you can always run the driver update utility and see if it finds a newer driver for that wireless card (though when I input the model of the card, that was the driver it gave me).

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

I have already provided the instructions you need to get the driver onto your other PC.

I'll repeat them...

Copy the file to a USB flash drive or burn it to a CD.

Use either media to install the wireless driver on the notebook that can't access the internet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download the second file on the list (Windows 7 64 bit), to another PC.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23491/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

Use either media to install the wireless driver on the notebook that can't access the internet.

HP Recommended

I have a question:  I went to Microsoft first, using an older laptop we have, and it seems to want to replace a driver on the computer I am accessing the download with.  Will the site you recommend do that also?  Is there a way to divert the download to the USB drive as it downloads?  Also, how do I add the missing file to Windows on the non-working computer?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The site I linked you to will not try to do that but once you have installed the driver I posted, you can always run the driver update utility and see if it finds a newer driver for that wireless card (though when I input the model of the card, that was the driver it gave me).

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

I have already provided the instructions you need to get the driver onto your other PC.

I'll repeat them...

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, Paul.  We are lucky to have you helping we neophytes!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.