Question

Honor Student
mrnri
Message 1 of 3 (2,893 Views)

Lost Recovery Partition for Pavilion dv4

I bought the hp pavilion dv4 1500 notebook last month. My notebook is supported windows 7 home premium OS. However, now the system partition and recovery partition was lost (I don't sure, because when I install the new os on my computer, I can open the recovery partition, but it is empty while the capacity is still full). Please help me to recovery my OS? or where can I download the recovery file for my notebook?

If I want to reinstall my OS by CD, and I want to active it by my license (product key at the bottom of my computer), which version I can use?

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (2,886 Views)

Re: Lost Recovery Partition for Pavilion dv4

Your license is for Windows 7 Home Premium if that is what came on it from the factory, and is the only version you can activate with it.

If you have an OS installed try this procedure which has worked for many people>>

1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot the notebook and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager to reinstall OS.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
mrnri
Message 3 of 3 (2,874 Views)

Re: Lost Recovery Partition for Pavilion dv4

Thank you for your comment, I tried "Mark as Active Partition" the HP_RECOVERY and then restart, but it seem to be no effect. Then, I downloaded the Windows 7 Home Premium CD from Internet. I installed it on my notebook. But when I actived it by my product key, there are announcement:  "The Windows 7 home premium product key you typed is invalid for activation". Therefore I would like to ask that where can I download the Windows 7 home premium CD that I can active it with my product key?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation