Question

Honor Student
Tijazap
Message 1 of 5 (1,599 Views)

MediaSmart MVP Software dv6-1250us install failure with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

During my upgrade I was advised to uninstall MediaSmart MVP. I did. Once the upgrade to Win7 successfully completed I tried to install the current version of MediaSmart MVP Software but it fails with the error,

"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. c:\HP\tmp\src\1033.mst".

I've tried several versions of the software as many have been posted lately.  Versions tried include SP45175, SP45691, and SP46570. All of which produce the same error.  Has anyone seen this problem? Does anyone know anything I might try???

Thanks in advance for any help or interest.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 5 (1,583 Views)

Re: MediaSmart MVP Software dv6-1250us install failure with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

The last word from HP is that they are aware of this problem and working on a solution.It should be posted to your model's driver pages  when released.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
masmik70
Message 3 of 5 (1,339 Views)

Re: MediaSmart MVP Software dv6-1250us install failure with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Any idea when HP will fix this issue???? I'm not very happy with this whole upgrade experience and will probably not buy another HP product if this problem is not fixed soon.  Very aggravating that I cannot use my laptop as it was designed....

Teacher
Davidoo
Message 4 of 5 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, this is very annoying!!!!  I have the same issue regarding the "transforms" error.  I also get the same behavior when trying to install the MediaSmart Live TV too.  I don't get the transforms error, but it does the same thing.....the download works fine, you open the install file, it starts....then just never finishes, it just dies and never installs.  Same as the MVP but no official error message. 

Has anyone been able to install the MediaSmart Live TV after upgrading to Windows 7?   My notebook is HDX 18.

This would probably take a programmer 5 minutes to figure out if there was a way to get word to the right person.

Honor Student
Tijazap
Message 5 of 5 (758 Views)

This is really unbelievable. Here we are, 8 months since the original post and still there is no fix to this problem. The release notes are just as cryptic as ever.  Just another case of HP wish-ware, not really software? Does HP monitor these forums?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation