Question

Honor Student
Margii-sam
Message 1 of 5 (160 Views)

Microsoft Product Code

I purchase a new HP Pavilion dv7-7128nr friday, and I just realized that I didn't recieve a product code for my Microsoft Office. It took me until now to notice due to the fact that I had yet to get on it until now. I went to the microsoft help site and they told me to inform the manifactor of my laptop.

It is extremely important that I get the product code, for I plan on going back to school this fall and without the the product key I won't be able to use microsoft to finish any of m assignments.

Please respond as quickly as possible, thank you

Margy

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (151 Views)

Re: Microsoft Product Code

Hi,

I think you don't need product code/key for Microsoff Officce 2010 Starter but you need key for other version(s) and you have to pay for it. What ir the version on your machine ? Please read this:

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/products/office/pages/office_2010_starter.aspx#fbid=N8xiWrPmDup

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Margii-sam
Message 3 of 5 (142 Views)

The program I have is Microsoft Office 2010, but I don't have starter. When I click on the program it says I need an access code and said that there should have been one in the box. Even if I have to pay for it, I'll do so as long as I can get it to work.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (138 Views)

Hi,

I think you need to talk with the sale person if there was something in the box. Many computers come with Office 2010 trial version (pre-installed) and what is I really hate. If you wish to buy the product, I think using your student id is much, much cheaper.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Margii-sam
Message 5 of 5 (137 Views)

Alright, I'll see if the company I bought it from has a product key. If not, I'll just purchase a new student version or something. Thanks for your help, hopefully I can resolve this little issue quickly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation