12-28-2009 06:30 PM
I'm trying to install Windows XP on my new HP Mini and run into errors during the installation process. My mini has a sata hard drive and the Windows setup is unable to recognize it. I checked on the HP support website but I can't seem to locate the sata driver that I need to make the installation work. Does anyone know what driver I need for my Mini 110-1125nr, and where I can find said driver?
Thanks in advance!
This question was solved. View Solution.
01-13-2010 06:48 PM - edited 01-13-2010 06:48 PM
You need to slipstream Sata drivers. (Intel ICH7M)
06-03-2010 08:14 PM - edited 06-03-2010 08:17 PM
Hey Sean, I know its been awhile, however did you get your problem resolved with installing XP on you 110-1125hr? I finally succeeded in installing XP home on my mini 110. Seems to work great at this moment, just followed directions from above and seems good.
06-03-2010 08:59 PM
Yeah, I finally got XP installed after creating an install CD slipstreamed with the sata drivers. It paid off; I really like my mini a lot more with XP as opposed to Win 7.
Glad to hear you got yours working as well!
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)