Mini 210 Operating System and Recovery Software (3295 Views)
Honor Student
donalC
Message 1 of 5 (3,295 Views)

Mini 210 Operating System and Recovery Software

Hi, 

I have a hard drive issue with my Mini 210. The problem I have is that I didn't make a recovery disc and now that my Mini 201 needs a hard drive, I need a recovery to load back on. Is there anyone who can help me with this recovery disc. It can be on discs or flash drive or download and I can post the discs or flash drive back once I have it loaded.

Thanks Donal 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (3,276 Views)

Re: Mini 210 Operating System and Recovery Software

Hi Donal,

donalC wrote:

Hi, 

I have a hard drive issue with my Mini 210. The problem I have is that I didn't make a recovery disc and now that my Mini 201 needs a hard drive, I need a recovery to load back on. Is there anyone who can help me with this recovery disc. It can be on discs or flash drive or download and I can post the discs or flash drive back once I have it loaded.

Thanks Donal 

You can order the Recovery disc set from HP.

Which OS was it and what is the complete identifying information for your mini.

That is important information.

I can't link to where to order the Recovery discs without that information.

Best regards,

erico

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
donalC
Message 3 of 5 (3,260 Views)

Hi Erico, 

The model is a HP Mini 210 -1020sa

The serial number is CNF950BP49

The products number is WD348EA#ABU

The operating system was Windows 7 but I don't mind putting XP on if that was the only one available. 

Donal

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (3,247 Views)

Hi,

donalC wrote:

Hi Erico, 

The model is a HP Mini 210 -1020sa

The serial number is CNF950BP49

The products number is WD348EA#ABU

The operating system was Windows 7 but I don't mind putting XP on if that was the only one available. 

Donal

Win7 is an available OS. All drivers and even an upgraded BIOS are here. 

This is the page with all of the oprder recovery disc information for your mini.

Best regards,

erico

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
dterw
Message 5 of 5 (3,114 Views)

My problem is somewhat related. I have a 210 Vivienne Tam edition that wasn't allowing me to turn on the Gobi module (although the  module was present and supposedly WWAN was "on").   I decided, since I didn't have any files on the PC, to use the recovery drive (D) to re-image the system.

That worked fine. 

Next, I downloaded the Gobi 2000 drivers, and at the same time saw that there was a new BIOS. I installed the BIOS - BIG mistake!  Now my system will only go to the diagnostic screen.  My only choices are to reimage..over and over and over.  I've done it twice.  I presume that I shouldn't have messed with the BIOS.

I have Win7 Home Edition Premium on the unit.

Do I have any options other than buying a recover disk and external drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation