Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Elitebook Folio 9470m running Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit. On the  device manager screen, I have three "Bluetooth Peripheral" devices listed under "Other Devices", each one marked with an exclamation mark because "The drivers for this device are not installed."

The hardware IDs are:

BTHENUM\{24df01a9-3e4f-4c9f-9f66-5aa8ab14f8f4}_LOCALMFG&0000

BTHENUM\{6e0c8f4c-d928-4852-b6b2-f0f0e0d126fa}_LOCALMFG&0000

BTHENUM\{84a1e9b8-12ba-4a9c-8ab0-a43784e0d149}_LOCALMFG&0000

Can anybody tell me what these are and how I can install the proper drivers for them?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the Broadcom Bluetooth software package on the following link.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5275310&sp...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion DP-K, but unfortunately the Broadcom package is not the answer because my notebook has the Intel Bluetooth onboard: "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + High Speed Adapter".

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can find the Intel Bluetooth software installer on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61501-62000/sp61660.exe

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks again DP-K, but the Intel drivers were already installed. I re-installed them just to be sure, but the situation remains the same. Bluetooth works by the way, but I still have three "Bluetooth Peripheral" devices listed under "Other Devices", each one marked with an exclamation mark because "The drivers for this device are not installed."

What can this be?

HP Recommended

Hi,

One possiblity is that Windows generated these entries in Device Manager before the correct Bluetooth drivers were installed and the entries themselves are no longer valid.

One way of checking this is as follows.

Open windows Device Manager and for each of these 3 entries showing an error, right click and select Uninstall - if Windows prompts for a restart, just ignore it for now.

When done, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link.

Chipset Driver - Windows 7.

When this has completed, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load - then check in Device Manager for these entries.

Let me know.

Best regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, no succes yet. The installation of the Intel drivers provided a strange message telling me that I was trying to install an older version. But when I persisted, the three problem drivers were back there after a restart. When I had the software look for the proper drivers on my harddisk however, it found the Broadcom drivers that I had downloaded earlier and started installing.

The three unknown problems have since changed into:

1. Human Interface Devices - Bluetooth Remote Control

2. Sound, video and game controllers - Bluetooth Hands-free Audio

3. Bluetooth Virtual Devices - Bluetooth L2CAP Interface (hidden)

All three use Broadcom drivers and are marked with an exclamation mark : "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

At least I have some idea now about what these devices are, but I don't understand why device manager "sees" them when there are not there. The Intel versions of these devices are all present and working under "Bluetooth Auxiliary" (hidden).

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I had the same problem.  Remove whatever BT driver you have in Device Manager, then install the Intel PROSET Bluetooth driver service pack sp61660.exe

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome?javax.portlet.begCacheTo...

HP Recommended

THis def worked for me. thx

HP Recommended

Thank you for this fix. Mine started working!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.