05-31-2011 07:06 AM
My HP Compaq laptop crashed and I dont have a recovery disk. how do I re install my OS (I dont have the windows license key that came with this laptop) I dont have any personal data i need to recover. My laptop is 6715S I bought this laptop abt 4-5yrs back.
05-31-2011 08:36 AM
You can order a recovery disk set by telephoning HP support for the country you live in at the link below. If they have a separate phone number for business PC's/notebooks, call that number.
You will need to provide your model number and serial number. In the USA the disks go for $10.00.
In other countries the cost ranges from free to more than $10, depending on what country you live in.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)