My HP laptop cannot turn on (8757 Views)
Student
JChu
Message 1 of 7 (8,757 Views)

My HP laptop cannot turn on

Hello HP Gurus,

My laptop cannot turn on. When I try to turn it on, it just comes with 1second flash of the power light, then off again.

I have tried to find the solution for this at this forum, then I try to take off the battery, try to turn on with ONLY attach the power cord,

I let it a moment without the battery and power cord. but still can not work...

And there is no reset buttom found.

My HP is Pavilion tx 1000

Altec Lansing 

I will be very appreciate if anyone can help me, coz i am chasing my school homework, and now i can not work on it at all.

Thank you...

Top Student
Bharathurs
Message 2 of 7 (8,743 Views)

Re: My HP laptop cannot turn on

Hello,

Since you are using an HP is Pavilion tx 1000 and information that you have given makes me feel that your System board has gone bad.

However, you could try these steps.

1: Perform a hard reset: that is remove all the pheriperals inculding the battery and power adaptar and then press the power button.

2. try turning on the Notebook with just the power adaptar connected. if the Notebook does not turn on.

3. Try reseating the memory chips, it might be a problem with memory chips. even after reseating the memory chips the nb does not power on. you can rest assure its an issue with System board[mother board] failure.

you can also check this link for more assistance

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443371&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3185028

Hope this Help,

Regards,

Bharath

Student
potapich
Message 3 of 7 (8,382 Views)

there bad links to the disk recovery.
Student
ZorroDog
Message 4 of 7 (3,791 Views)

I have a Pavillion dv5 that is about 3 years old and hardly used. It will  not start up, start up lights flash three times and nothing else happens. Can you identify the problem and advise of the required action.

Kind regards

Dennis 

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 5 of 7 (3,769 Views)

ZorroDog,

First try a hard reset.

1. Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.

2. Press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.

3. Plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)

4. Press the power button.

If that does not help, try removing and reinstalling the RAM in the notebook.

If neither of those steps help, then more than likely the motherboard in your notebook is dead. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Samuel9921
Message 6 of 7 (3,379 Views)

I need help please!!!! I m using HP Pavilion g4
When I on my laptop the screen totally black no light at all but only the caplocks light keep blicking. So need help!!
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 7 of 7 (3,336 Views)

@Samuel9921, there should be some separation between the blinking caps lock. If you can watch the separation and let me know how many times it blinks before it stops for a couple seconds. 

Here's the chart you will need to go off of. This will let us know what the culprit is. 

Capture.PNG

Let me know the outcome. 

THX

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation