09-22-2009 09:20 PM
Hello HP Gurus,
My laptop cannot turn on. When I try to turn it on, it just comes with 1second flash of the power light, then off again.
I have tried to find the solution for this at this forum, then I try to take off the battery, try to turn on with ONLY attach the power cord,
I let it a moment without the battery and power cord. but still can not work...
And there is no reset buttom found.
My HP is Pavilion tx 1000
I will be very appreciate if anyone can help me, coz i am chasing my school homework, and now i can not work on it at all.
09-23-2009 05:58 AM
Since you are using an HP is Pavilion tx 1000 and information that you have given makes me feel that your System board has gone bad.
However, you could try these steps.
1: Perform a hard reset: that is remove all the pheriperals inculding the battery and power adaptar and then press the power button.
2. try turning on the Notebook with just the power adaptar connected. if the Notebook does not turn on.
3. Try reseating the memory chips, it might be a problem with memory chips. even after reseating the memory chips the nb does not power on. you can rest assure its an issue with System board[mother board] failure.
you can also check this link for more assistance
Hope this Help,
01-31-2013 12:24 AM
I have a Pavillion dv5 that is about 3 years old and hardly used. It will not start up, start up lights flash three times and nothing else happens. Can you identify the problem and advise of the required action.
02-01-2013 09:01 AM
First try a hard reset.
1. Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
2. Press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
3. Plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
4. Press the power button.
If that does not help, try removing and reinstalling the RAM in the notebook.
If neither of those steps help, then more than likely the motherboard in your notebook is dead.
03-11-2013 01:48 PM
@Samuel9921, there should be some separation between the blinking caps lock. If you can watch the separation and let me know how many times it blinks before it stops for a couple seconds.
Here's the chart you will need to go off of. This will let us know what the culprit is.
Let me know the outcome.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)