My Laptop is not shutting down (1821 Views)
Honor Student
pramodbisht
Message 1 of 3 (1,821 Views)

My Laptop is not shutting down

I have HP G42-477TU Notebook PC (LG256PA), Windows 7 Home basic, Once HP Support assistant SW is updating and my internet connection is disconnected and after some time i have shutdown my laptop, Next time when i have shutdown my laptop it show some programme is running , close it as the option come when some programs are running but at that time all programs are close. the system show windows is shutting down and not shut down for two hours. I have do manually shutdown the laptop by pressing the power button.

I have Un-installed the HP Support assitant sw

Re-installed HP Support assitant sw and also updated it

Cleaned my registry, cookies, temp files , prefetch files, recent files many times

restored from previous backup points

updated antivirus and scanned system many times

Used Various Tools including HP Support assitant sw

But the problem is still the same the windows is not shutting down

Please help me regarding this

Thanks in advance

Honor Student
pramodbisht
Message 2 of 3 (1,802 Views)

Re: My Laptop is not shutting down

One thing I forgot to mention every time i shutdown my laptop it show some programms are running, but in the list windows show nothing,

Top Student
ThunderSnow
Message 3 of 3 (1,801 Views)

Re: My Laptop is not shutting down

You have a VIRUS! Go to Symatec and run the Virus and Worm Scan. Somewhere on your drive there lurks a freeloader using your stuff.

Just because you think it is not on the web it may well be, or gathering and computing until it is, then emailing the world or giving out your info.

One of my tech-know buddies writes serious programs and say it is done all the time. I hat one and all of the Malicious software scan from Microsoft and AVG did not find it until I did deep scan at Symatec (Norton). Even there basic can be fooled, but there mainframe has more goodies installed for that..

I'm by no means an expert, but, it will only take a few minutes to find out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation