03-02-2012 10:34 PM
My Probook 4520s Hard Disk test FAILED.
This is the message i got after.
Failure ID: U4G964-5UX61W-QFPH41-60VF03
Hard Diskk Drive Capacity: 250 GB
Hard Disk 1
(I'm not sure in the failure id if the two last Zeros are O's)
I am really worried. Please answer ASAP.
03-03-2012 04:32 AM
The error ID will relate to either a SMART or Disk Self Test failure - in either case, it would indicate that the HDD is failing and will need to be replaced. If you can still boot into Windows, back-up your personal files etc as soon as possible.
If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know - include the capacity of your current Hard Drive ( ie 500Gb ).
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)