11-15-2012 08:58 AM
My Windows 8 won't install on my year old (Windows 7) HP Pavillion Notebook Laptop???
I have downloaded the Windows 8 from their website but it only installs to 54%.
So I ordered the disk as Microsoft said that the download may be no good.
I tried to install today and it got to 94% and the screen froze.
11-15-2012 12:19 PM
Is the notebook actually a Year Old? Or is it older by a month... or two? Be careful - anything HP built before October 2011 won't have Windows 8 drivers - bad news unless you can live without them.
Product Number on that notebook?
Did you Update the Bios?
Take a look at this document and see if anything in here "rings a bell", that is, if anything helps you think of something you might have missed earlier:
Fact is, the disc should probably load unless there is something incompatible in there - below is the Microsoft Windows 8 Assistant that can tell you if you have some kind of "mystery" hardware in the system or incompatible bits in the OS.
I hope it does work and you can safely upgrade to Windows 8 soon!
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)