My built-in webcam is not being detected by CyberLink Youcam on Windows 7 (HP Pavilion dv2660se) (46723 Views)
Honor Student
Northance
Message 1 of 14 (46,723 Views)

My built-in webcam is not being detected by CyberLink Youcam on Windows 7 (HP Pavilion dv2660se)

Hi,

I bought this laptop from someone I know, and Windows 7 came with it. I must say I don't know much about electronics. The built-in webcam won't work, either on CyberLink YouCam or on MSN Messenger. On CyberLink Youcam, it says no webcam is detected. In the control panel it doesn't even say there's a webcam, but there's an 'unknown peripheric' though.

What can I do?

P.S.: Please forgive english mistakes if there's any.

Honor Student
sw33ttartzz
Message 2 of 14 (46,706 Views)

Re: My built-in webcam is not being detected by CyberLink Youcam on Windows 7 (HP Pavilion dv2660se)

I know this doesnt help, but this is my exact problem too!

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 3 of 14 (46,695 Views)

Re: My built-in webcam is not being detected by CyberLink Youcam on Windows 7 (HP Pavilion dv2660se)

In this review, the laptop is noted as having a webcam: http://www.pcworld.com/article/142823/hp_pavilion_dv2660se_value_laptop_pc.html

It probably does not work because a driver was not installed when the Windows 7 install was done.  Look in Device Manager and check for devices with notes next to them.  Then have Windows look for an update.  If that does not work, try looking here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/HP-Pavilion-dv9780eo-windows-7-RC-webcam-driver/td-p/...

Read thru the thread to see if anything will help.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
Northance
Message 4 of 14 (46,673 Views)

Thank you for your advice.

Ok so in the end the problem is that there's no driver for the webcam on Windows 7. I guess all there's left to do is... wait? Are they planning to release one?

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 5 of 14 (46,651 Views)

I would not wait on HP to add the driver.  You could try this one, however: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-47244-1

Even though it is a Vista driver.  Give it a try.

Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

Honor Student
Northance
Message 6 of 14 (46,615 Views)

Thank you... Doesn't work, however... Says it's not compatible with my version of Windows. Surprise surprise.

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 7 of 14 (46,602 Views)

Try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/

Honor Student
Northance
Message 8 of 14 (46,583 Views)

Hm. The "Compatibility mode" section is in grey, I can't change anything from it...

But thank you for your help, really

Student
carla_phoenix
Message 9 of 14 (38,072 Views)

My webcam used to work and be detected, my laptop went in for repair now my intergral wecam is not detected, says there isnt even one on the laptop even though it is built in and i cant get a solution anywhere not even hp customer care! please help

Student
kalai058
Message 10 of 14 (34,403 Views)

actually my web cam working in skype everything iwant to take one picture but it will not open so only i want reinstall

but 

i cant install my webcam software because it shows already cyberlink you cam was detected u want uninstall i click yes but it show error sending report

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation