Question

Top Student
Jimmyyy09
Message 1 of 12 (4,920 Views)

My charger wont charge the battery Help please

Heyy can someone tell me is it the battery or the chaarger problem ? couple of days ago my  laptop wont charge i thought it was the battery problem and bought a new one..is the same problem it wont charge.. is it becuz of the charger ?

My laptop autoshut down want i plug into a USB drive ? why does it do that ?

Top Student
Jimmyyy09
Message 2 of 12 (4,916 Views)

Re: My charger wont charge the battery Help please

I mean the adapters wont charge the battery is that the bottom or the battery.

PhD Student
Knute
Message 3 of 12 (4,894 Views)

So just to be clear, you thought it was the battery and bought a new one and that one also is not charging, correct?

It could be the AC Adapter, or the system board.  If you remove the battery and leave the laptop connected to the AC adapter will the laptop turn on?  Let us know please.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Top Student
    Jimmyyy09
    Message 4 of 12 (4,888 Views)

[ Edited ]

Should I let the battery die off 1st before doing that. I'm kinda worry if i do anything my laptop wont turn on it took me like 10 to 15 min to get it working again...i'll try it out and let you know.

I bought a slightly used one.. it wasnt competely brand new...

PhD Student
    Knute
    Message 5 of 12 (4,860 Views)

No, you can just remove the battery and give it a shot, shouldn't be an issue.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Top Student
    Jimmyyy09
    Message 6 of 12 (4,813 Views)

i took ur advice n turn on my laptop without the battery and it does turn on for a few second than it shut dowwn.

PhD Student
    Knute
    Message 7 of 12 (4,797 Views)

Are there any lights on when the AC is plugged in?  Or blinking lights?

• Student
    DaneB270
    Message 8 of 12 (4,682 Views)

ummmm yea I have a good idea, how about HP start making better **bleep**ing products

Intern
    Biocycle
    Message 9 of 12 (4,667 Views)

Hi, try to upgrade the BIOS version of your computer without battery, next the notebook reboot and plug the battery into the notebook after it open Windows completly. Good Luck !!!

[[[Tech Support]]]

***Click on Kudos if my suggest helps you***
    Master's Graduate
    Comptronic
    Message 10 of 12 (4,639 Views)

DaneB270 wrote:

ummmm yea I have a good idea, how about HP start making better **bleep**ing products

Do you know of a company where their product runs perfectly everytime?  If so, please let us know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation